Rising fuel prices and your next trip

BackofBeyond

12 minutes ago, connor77 said:

JD - Yes, like this link.  Transferflow sells several of them.  As you mention, they don't give them away.  I watched an install video.  Very straightforward but I don't want a tank in my truck bed.  

https://www.transferflow.com/shop/product/0800115195

Cool, I have not seen those. I don’t think the price is at all out of line, mainly because an owner could install one in his driveway with just a hand drill and some basic tools. Plus move it to a new truck later, without any hassles except for the holes in the old bed floor. If I had a Ford SD 3500 7.3 gas engine I would get one, but not for a 2500 or 1500..... but you would need to travel with a doberman in the bed to prevent theft. And I am not sure how well that would play with a canopy, it would need active vents.

John Davies

Spokane WS

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

31 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

This is why I carry 10 gallons of gas on the back of the Ollie...... Only once have I come reeeeealy close to running dry - “Cruising Range 2 Miles” -  and it was comforting to know I could syphon a can into the truck to get me to a station.

7529C645-E753-4742-B9AB-8CB13D6A6424.jpeg

Yeah, since the gas tank upgrade isn’t looking like an option, I’m considering adding a Rotopax system to the Ollie, or to the truck bed, to carry some extra gas.  Rotopax has a wide variety of cans and mounts.  

65F46E1E-B819-4EE5-9393-5F94C9BDDDD3.jpeg

Just checked out the Rotopax site.  Not surprisingly, many of the larger containers are sold out.  I ended up ordering a couple of 2.6 gal Jerry cans from Wavian and a water container too.  Hope to do a similar mod as JD did and move the aluminum basket to the back of the Ollie.  

https://wavianusa.com/products/steel-fuel-jerry-can

Still wish there were chassis mount tank upgrades available for gas as there are for diesel but so far, I've not found anything.  

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Landrover said:

I’m glad its a no no to talk politics on this forum. I’d have plenty to say about the rise in fuel cost since January 

Thanks.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.