Which one is right for you? Baby Bear, Mama Bear, Papa Bear

Pat Maundrell

Okay we have to make a decision asap for our Twin Beds mattresses. Our beds only have the Stock Oliver cushions on now and we want to get the best mattresses possible. We are aware of the KTT and  Southern Mattresses. 

Please let us know your recommendations!!

Thanks, Pat

Pat,

we found latex too heavy and bouncy.  We like a no bounce mattress.

We went with Tochta and really like them.

If you are interested, let me know and I will send you a couple of coupon codes.

Andrew

Edited by AndrewK
Add more detail

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

We can't compare as we chose Southern Mattress. We have been very happy with them so far. There is a "hard" side and a "softer" side but both must be one or the other because of the curve. We currently use the "hard" side and have had a very good nights sleep each night.

Cindy

• Like 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

We're entering 14th season with stock cushions plus topper. It's given great nights of sleeping. 3rd topper going in this year, so up til now, our expense was under $200. Now, $260

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We recently purchased custom twin mattresses from MattressInsider. They have a showroom in Denver which we were able to visit to pick out the mattresses we felt would be the best fit for what we wanted. We chose the 8.5" custom luxury latex mattress which I believe are less expensive than the similar mattress from Southern Mattress. They have several mattress choices which can all be customized to fit the Oliver. Our choice was based on comfort for sleeping and sitting. We are very pleased with our decision and wouldn't hesitate to recommend MattressInsider. We worked with Jeremy. If you are interested in ordering form them, please let me know, as I believe I have a discount code I can pass along to you for a 5% savings.

www.mattressInsider.com 

IMG_0216_HEIC.jpg

IMG_0214_HEIC.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 Elite II #627, 2021 Silverado 1500 3.0L Duramax, Colorado

I should also mention that we don't feel like the mattresses are bouncy. I believe the top two inches of the mattress is latex, and the rest is high density foam and the quilted cover. They are comfortable for side and back sleepers as well as firm enough to sit on without feeling like you're sinking in. Some of the mattress we looked at bottomed out when you sat down or felt very bouncy.

2020 Elite II #627, 2021 Silverado 1500 3.0L Duramax, Colorado

9 minutes ago, tallmandan said:

I should also mention that we don't feel like the mattresses are bouncy. I believe the top two inches of the mattress is latex, and the rest is high density foam and the quilted cover. They are comfortable for side and back sleepers as well as firm enough to sit on without feeling like you're sinking in. Some of the mattress we looked at bottomed out when you sat down or felt very bouncy.

Pricing?

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

We have the KTT mattresses.  They're very comfortable - on the firm side.  I'm a side sleeper and the KTT  accommodates that sleep style well.  I sit and read, surf and watch tv and I find the mattress to be fine for those activities too.

• 2 weeks later...

We just picked up KTT mattresses in CT a short time ago. I had them manufactured a slight bit more dense than the ones that Oliver buys.

My Oliver had a single standard Oliver KTT mattress in it, which was somewhat soft and had some mold on the bottom (it is now at the dump). I like my new KTT mattress a lot better than the old one that was in the Oliver when I bought it. Before getting the new mattress, I installed the Aire-flow™ prevent moisture build-up material for underneath mattresses

They KTT's are perfect for my taste. I would say they are as comfortable as the fairly new matteres we sleep on at home.

Richard

Edited by dewdev

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine