Finally . . . . . getting a generator!

Just in case anyone is having trouble finding a portable generator . . . . . .  I received an email from Lowe's today saying they have Honda 2200i generators back in stock!  And they will ship to your home.  I quickly put one in my cart and ordered, before they were sold out again.  I was afraid it would be like buying a used Ollie . . . . . if you hesitate, you lose.

I am excited to have the means to charge our batteries.  My husband said we didn't use our camper van generator much, so do we even need a generator?  I say, with electric/water RV sites in short supply, we may be boondocking more this year.  I convinced him by adding that it would come in handy on the ranch, as well.  Much easier than toting around our not-so-portable 4K generator that he's been using. 

No stopping us now 😎

Edit: I forgot to mention that the generator that is now in stock at Lowes is the TAG (commercial model).  The price is $50 more than the standard 2200i, but it has bluetooth connectivity, which will be nice; you can shut it off remotely, as well as monitor operation.  Sounds good, in theory.  We'll see how it works.

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
  • Like 6

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Question: We have a neutral grounding plug for the generator, but I see the onboard PI surge protector has an on/off switch.  Would it work to just turn off surge protection when running the generator or is that not a good idea?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Question: We have a neutral grounding plug for the generator, but I see the onboard PI surge protector has an on/off switch.  Would it work to just turn off surge protection when running the generator or is that not a good idea?

You can turn it off, and it will allow power to the trailer, but then you would lose all of its protection and perhaps the useful features (like the amperage gauge - not sure about this). Leave it on, use the grounding plug, be safe and happy.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.