Electrical Diagrams

We will be picking up our 2021 LII trailer in July so I thought I would download the manuals to get myself acquainted with it.  I know we will have help on pickup day.  I noticed after I downloaded the manual the section on electrical was missing the diagrams.  Will we be getting an actual printed manual when we get our trailer?  will it have the diagrams that are missing in the download version?

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

DonnaScott73,

First congrats on your Ollie delivery date! 
To answer your question, we took delivery last June 16th and we did receive hard copies of the manuals. They are really handy and well done. As far as I know you still get a printed copy. We were told by our sales person that we would receive an electrical schematic or diagram for our Ollie on delivery day. Unfortunately we did not receive a diagram. We did spend a long time going over our Ollie on delivery day, just something to consider and prepare for. There is a lot of information flowing on delivery day sorta - like drinking from a fire hose. 
A few months ago we asked via an email to OTT service for an electrical schematic/diagram. We still have not received an electrical schematic for our Oliver. It sure would be nice to have one. I don’t know if an electrical schematic is provided for 2021 model Ollies or not. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Again welcome and congrats!

-Patriot

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

It sounds as if somebody dropped the ball in Hohenwald, neither the 2020 nor the 2021 online Owner Manuals have any wiring diagrams (only a battery hookup one)..... but you can look at the 2019 images (starting on page 38) and that will give you a general idea.

There are a few mistakes on the Oliver University pages, but mostly they are omissions of little things like a fuse box pamphlet. Electrical diagrams are critical, and needed by any owner or RV tech that is trying to troubleshoot or repair a problem. I personally would be quite upset if I had none, and especially so if I had to wait a couple of years to get them. Maybe it is time to get on the phone and raise a little hell? Figuratively speaking.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I've asked Service (Jason) and Sales (Phil) for them by email and phone.  No luck.  I know of several owners that are asking.  It's crazy.  I've opened a handful of tickets just because I don't have the electrical diagrams - simple questions that could have been answered.  For someone who loves to work on their Ollie, I have it listed as my number one quality issue / gripe by far.  Now I know Patriot is after them too.

I'm going to open a service ticket and see where that gets me.  

Edited by NCeagle
  • Like 6

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

Thanks everyone. I can see why they wouldn't have them online as anyone could download them (like another trailer manufacturer) but they really need to be provided to Olie owners, so I too will inquire from my sales rep,  Anita

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DonnaScott73 said:

Thanks everyone. I can see why they wouldn't have them online as anyone could download them (like another trailer manufacturer) but they really need to be provided to Olie owners, so I too will inquire from my sales rep,  Anita

They could include it in the owners packet at delivery . . . . . or email.

I wonder if the reason they don't is that the wiring changes throughout the model year.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

I’ve asked Oliver  for the electrical plans for our 2020 E2 several times... the answer has been no... simple as that.. the reason I was given was they are worried about competitors getting a hold of them ...

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

I actually was told this a couple of years back when I requested a digital owners manual for another RV brand, and when I told them I most assuredly would not release any of the info publicly, they cheerfully sent it to me, diagrams included. This was for an Earthcruiser.... which indeed have very high tech and unusual features intended for around the world travelers, like reverse osmosis grey water filtration and dc air conditioning. They sell a tiny handful of them annually and those cost half million bucks.

Nothing in an Ollie is remotely out of the mainstream for a travel trailer. The lithium package is neat, but definitely a work in progress, and other makers already offer one. So......? Keep digging owners. It is time to contact the boss man. A true solution awaits. In your shoes that reply would really get me worked up! 😳

John Davies

Spoksne WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I did PM our sales rep and am awaiting her response. I will keep you guys posted on this subject.  I did look at the 2019 online manual as John suggested.  It at least gave me some idea of where everything is.

• Thanks 2

And I did open a ticket and Jason is checking on it again.  He told me again that Service doesn't even have them and he's asked multiple times.  If this is a dead end, I may have to take the time to build one for 688 - I can use the 2019 schematics as the baseline and I know many of the changes now from questions to OTT and digging around myself.  I hate the idea of having to get service someday and the service guys having to cut open and dig around in the Ollie just to figure out what is what.  😞 

States Visited Map

Just picked up my trailer yesterday, wednesday. The manuals are copied and bound together in thick booka, one for standard equipment, one for options and an owner manual. My binding has failed and pages are falling out - just an aside. You get all manuals, even if you don't have that appliance/equipment. There are no wiring diagrams or information provided. I asked about wiring, and the delivery person could sort of explain where each wire was. He knew more about some than others. I was pleased to find access ports to all connections. The wiring is not "clean", but it is functional.

I was told that they had no diagrams to provide, and have asked for a diagram, just like in a vehicle. There is nothing proprietary about the wiring that needs to be protected. I just don't think that they use a diagram. There are diagrams showing component placement, but does not show the wiring between the components. I would like to see the size of wiring used, where it is run and how.

• Care 1
  • Sad 1

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

Strange that the wiring electrician wouldn't have a diagram in front of him to ensure he was using the right wires for everthing since there are several different load requirements.

My guess is  Oliver Production has great wiring diagrams.   They just don’t want us to have them, don’t understand why.   I plan to pester  whatever management I can locate when I take delivery early May.   In the meantime, Ive downloaded the 2019 version.   If you don’t have the Solar Pro package, I would assume it was nearly the same. If there are significant changes, please share.   Thanks.

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

• Moderator+

The production team does not need a wiring diagram. Early in the build of every new Oliver a custom wiring harness is installed. Said harness can handle any and all options the customer orders. Wiring sizes were predetermined when the harness was developed.

Earlier builds do not enjoy the neatness and benefits of the harness. I was told at delivery of our Hull #050 they used "5 miles of wire..." an exaggeration, I'm sure but there sure is a lot of it!

• Like 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 1 month later...

We talked with head of service department today.  Basically Oliver has decided that they will not be providing wiring diagrams for our 2021 at this time.  Oliver feels it would be a liability issue to do so.  Lets hope in the future that Oliver will reconsider.  Maybe if those purchasing 2022 and future models pursue requesting the wiring diagrams, Oliver will review this subject again.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

Amazing  when anyone doesn’t want to produce something or for anything for that mater throw in the liability card seems to be the best answer these days.  My question would be what is the liability?  If that’s the case you could also claim the whole trailer a liability then you shouldn’t sell it.  A wiring diagram is a very helpful tool if your out in the middle of nowhere and a electrical problem occurs.  Even new vehicles you can obtain a wiring diagram. Wouldn’t help much because they are so complex it would be like reading ancient romans symbols who knows what they are, 🕉😳  very disappointed in Oliver you make a manual make it a complete manual.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

Most trailers and rvs we've delivered or owned had no diagram.. maybe a simple schematic sketch. 

Never been a big deal for us.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

10 hours ago, DonnaScott73 said:

We talked with head of service department today.  Basically Oliver has decided that they will not be providing wiring diagrams for our 2021 at this time.  Oliver feels it would be a liability issue to do so.  Lets hope in the future that Oliver will reconsider.  Maybe if those purchasing 2022 and future models pursue requesting the wiring diagrams, Oliver will review this subject again.

Owners have now gotten various answers from various employees on why Oliver won't share electrical diagrams any longer.  From there are none (right!) to not sharing a super competitive design (right!) to a liability issue (right!).

The real liability is in the fact that every time an owner of a 2020+ trailer has an electrical problem, add 1-2 hours of discovery work (more $$$) and/or risk (more $$$) to the labor tab due to lack of information.  Oliver has set a precedent and provided electrical diagrams for all models until they magically disappear in 2020, so I think they need to provide recent owners with a valid, consistent reason or they may really be putting themselves at risk.

P.S.  I might not be as adamant about this topic if Oliver had at least provided some basic information in the non-existent electrical section of the owners manual or if they had bothered to label any wires or make sure things worked electrically before delivery.  I had several electrical problems right out of the gate that took longer than they should have to troubleshoot due to the lack of a diagram / information.  My examples of "need to know" would include which circuits have cutoff relays, which circuits have in-line fuses, which circuits have neither, which components are connected to DC only and which are connected to both DC and the inverter, and which circuits are not completed (e.g., the charge wire from the TV is NOT connected if the Lithium package is purchased).  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

States Visited Map

I  took delivery of #797 on May 7th.   The delivery was a very pleasant experience.  Having owned an Elite 1 previously, I knew how most of the stuff worked and had already done the research on the stuff I didn’t know about.   As I advised this forum, I discussed electrical diagrams with Jason.  He has been asked about this by old and new customers many times recently, so I got a smooth and polite response.   I’m guessing my experience was similar to Donna and Scott.   The short of it is electrical diagrams are not available to us at this time.  Liabilities, many variations in design due to options, etc.   He suggested I use the 2019 version in the Oliver University, and call and ask questions about anything I can’t figure out.   I’m In the process of inspecting and mapping out the key systems, and labeling the wires, fuses and breakers myself that are not already identified.  Yes, it’s a hassle, but I try to pick my battles.   I had several questions my delivery person could not answer,  but she went and found Jason, who expertly answered them all,    I was very pleased I did not find any significant  problems with my Oliver (still looking).   I had come prepared with a checklist of every problem I had read about on the forum, and I went looking.  Many of the minor problems have been corrected, it seems Oliver has been listening to feedback.  The trailer was not perfect, but much better than my expectations, and nothing I can’t fix myself easily.   My wife and I are  just grateful to have it, been waiting since  September!   Life is good. 

• Like 7

Hey Mike,  Could you post the checklist you created of problems to look for.

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

Good idea John, but I regret I don’t have a typed checklist I can copy and paste.  I made notes to myself in a spiral notebook, and then took more notes during the delivery process.   What I learned is several of the problems or deficiencies of the past have been corrected or improved by Oliver.   What would be more useful to new owners is a list of problems we are finding in current models.   Same list should be communicated to Oliver as a work order.    In any case, this might make an interesting new topic if you’d like to start one, but I don’t have much to report right now.  My biggest gripe is the lack of an electrical diagram, everything else is small stuff.   If this is all I can complain about, I need to go camping!   If you’d like to PM me your phone number, I’d be glad to discuss with you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I too asked about electrical diagrams at delivery about a month ago, and was politely told no.  And was also told that they change frequently, other trailer manufacturers don't provide them, and most technicians can figure it out.  The 2020 and 2021 manuals do have battery wiring diagrams, but not for lithium.  

• Haha 1

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

17 hours ago, Fritz said:

And was also told that they change frequently, other trailer manufacturers don't provide them, and most technicians can figure it out.

Well it took them several tries, but they've at least found an excuse that's believable.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Overland said:

Well it took them several tries, but they've at least found an excuse that's believable.  

So OTT is just another manufacturer producing evolving products with an electrical system that a "skilled trade" can't understand? The only challenge with the earlier model diagrams is seeing through the errors.

How about just admitting not wanting to commit the resources required to maintain accurate wiring diagrams. That's even more believable.

• Like 3