No Photo, but I am returning home with #758

JRK

No photo was taken at delivery. Probably good for the world to not seeing me. Not sure why, but it didn't happen. Delivery was quick and simple. Spent the first night at Crockett, and am still there for night #2. It is an Elite I, light blue and dark blue. I am by myself on this trip, heading back to the Los Angeles. 

No real issues. Was told that Cooper tires recommended 55 psi tire pressure. Given a too short brake breakaway cable that was attached to the safety chains that I fixed with a tractor supply run. Towing with a Tacoma - no issues first 40 miles. Using an Anderson hitch which is quite simple once set up properly. Forgot to get some peat moss or coir for the composting toilet. There was none in the toilet, which I assumed would be there along with the instruction manual. Glad I saw that.

Still trying to figure out the furnace. I set the thermostat to heat and the a/c blower also comes on. Used a small electric heater last night, as it got down to the low 40's - got too warm inside. Opened a window a crack and turned off the heater, which made it quite comfortable.

Will travel 300 miles Friday, which will be first real test with tow vehicle/trailer combo. Off to infinity and beyond.

• Like 2

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

Congratulations on the new Ollie.  For the issue of the AC fan coming on when the furnace is on, that sounds like you have the fan setting on the thermostat in the wrong mode.  Check your manual on how to set the fan to “AUTO” mode. 

• Like 3

Pleasant people everywhere, even the person who almost rearended me, towing my new trailer with less than 30 miles on it, when he came up to me while I was pumping gas and apologized for nearly hitting me.

• Wow 1

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

10 hours ago, JRK said:

Pleasant people everywhere, even the person who almost rearended me, towing my new trailer with less than 30 miles on it, when he came up to me while I was pumping gas and apologized for nearly hitting me.

Congrats on your New Ollie! Wishing you many safe miles on your future journeys. 

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg