Lippert Jack It Bike Rack

Trailblazers

I know there has been numerous posts regarding bike racks, but haven't seen one where anyone talks about the Jack It bike rack.  Has anyone had any experience using the "Jack It" bike rack with their Oliver?  Trying to decide whether I should have the bike receiver installed from Oliver or go with the Jack It bike rack.  The Oliver receiver will cost $1,250 to install and still wont be perfect, with the 1 1/2" receiver.  Will have to get an adaptor to use my 2" Yakima bike rack.  The Jack It fits on the tongue, where the bikes should ride better and the cost would be much less.  I have some pretty expensive bikes, so I don't mind money, I just want to choose the best option.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!  

Franklin, TN
2018 Elite II #315
Tow Vehicle: 2020 Ram 1500

ALARCOCTGAILINIAKSKYMEMAMIMSMONHNJNMNYNCOHOKPASCTNTXVTVAWIsm.jpg

I know at least one Oliver has had a similar bike mount - I just don't remember who it was. It seemed solid and workable - a little more difficult to stow the bikes - it seemed to me. 

My $$$ bike rides under cover of the truck bed cap.

Were it me - I would have one customized - off the rear - similar to the original Oliver design. 

RB

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

One option nobody seems to mention is to extend the tongue a little. The original Ollies came this way. There is no reason you couldn’t do something similar to get extra room up front for bikes (when backing especially), plus as a bonus it lowers the tongue weight. I would check with Oliver Service to see what they say, it will void the warranty for that part of the frame unless they do it for you “in house”... I would not mind an extra 12 inches of tongue, if it could be easily removed and shoved under the A frame during storage.

This is my old aluminum utility trailer, I added a square steel receiver and it allowed me to quickly remove the raised Treg offroad draw bar, or swap it for a dropped 2” ball coupler. The latter extended up to 30” for carrying a canoe or long lumber. Normally it was extended 18” to allow the swinging cargo door of the RAV4 to clear it.

AC5A7430-3743-4857-B63E-7151B7B45A02.jpeg.3a330174562ccc1798fd2c29b377ed3b.jpeg

CA582C44-3B83-4DEA-9027-6934C30D82BB.thumb.jpeg.1667b3aab4a7b803d26da90e00586bdc.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.