Countertop

Moonlight Mile

Huh. My countertop — the cubby hole slot area just under the convection microwave — is not exactly, uh, horizontally placed. Not sure why. Nothing to do about it, really. I notice it. Maybe no one else would. Or would even care. Anyway, there is a gap that is wider on the left. It narrows slowly as you look across from left to right. And then it is almost closed (no gap at all) over at the far right. Meh.

F5FE6070-FDF9-4D49-AB2B-EB20AEB2352E.jpeg

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

1 minute ago, Moonlight Mile said:

Thanks! I will look for the velcro. I have not seen it yet. This is the 2021 Elite 1.

Or it might not be the countertop.  Looking closer at your photo, the countertop looks straight with the bottom of the microwave, so maybe it is the cubby that is misaligned. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FrankC said:

Or it might not be the countertop.  Looking closer at your photo, the countertop looks straight with the bottom of the microwave, so maybe it is the cubby that is misaligned. 

It appears to be all one big molded piece with nothing to “move.”

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

I just lifted up on my "countertop" and it came off, held on by Velcro. Opens up possibilities. I wanted to make some changes/additions to the countertop. I have a leak around the sink to fix. And wanted to put an extension off the end, next to the rangetop. There is essentially no countertop as is.

I have a different refrigerator than you, I think. I don't have the cubby below the countertop.

My countertop was lifte in the front a bit. When I replaced it, I smushed it down, and it is no longer lifted.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

• Moderators

I'm guessing that the difference here in the countertops is that one has Fibergranite and Moonlight's does not have fibergranite.  If there is no fibergranite then there is nothing held on by Velcro.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Something is not right with the installation there.  The countertop lines up with the bottom of the microwave as it should, but does not line up with the refrigerator cavity and cubby.  I am speculating here, but it looks like the horizontal cubby above the refrigerator is integral to the frame surrounding the refrigerator.  Perhaps this "frame" is inserted into the molded fiberglass casework and was installed improperly.  Is the horizontal bottom face of your refrigerator parallel with the floor?  If not, then that is where the problem lies.

Materials and workmanship should be covered under your warranty.  I recommend that you open a service ticket on this (send photo) and see where it goes.  They may have you take it to somewhere near you for a fix rather than a trip back to Hohenwald.

At any rate Oliver needs to know of this issue so that it can be corrected.  I am picking up an Elite l in June and I have a whole list of issues that I have learned of on this forum that I need to check before accepting delivery. 

I know from following you on the forum that you have had some real frustrations, especially traumatic because now this is your full-time home.  I hope that you have not had regrets.  My research indicates that Oliver has far fewer QC issues than the other guys.  Take a look sometime at the owner forums of Olivers chief competition.  I was on there just the other day attempting to find out how much suspension to frame clearance they have.  Couldn't find it.  What I did find was page after page of problems and complaints.  It's like that is all they talk about.

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820