Website not recognizing my devices.

LongStride

JW

The notice that I keep getting is that I logged on from a new device.  However, when I go to settings and choose "Recently Used Devices" it lists the device for every log-in that I have done since January.  The device that I am using is the very same device, but now for some reason the site does not recognize it.

Thank you for your efforts.  I will just keep deleting the notices for now.

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

Could this be because I "log out" every time I leave the forum and "log-in" every time that I visit?  Do the rest of you do this, or do you stay logged in and just close out of the website when you are finished with your session?

Mike and Yasuko

• Moderators

FWIW - I log in and out at each visit - its no big deal.  But, I'm not using Apple products and I don't get emails as you are getting them.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I stay logged in, but I just tried logging out and in again with no email.  

I've also tried all of this with my non-moderator account - no emails.  It does seem apple related, but it's got to be a setting of some sort causing the problem. 

I'm using all the latest software.  

Edited by Overland

6 hours ago, LongStride said:

Andrew,

Are you running with the latest Mac OS update (11.2.3) and the current Safari software (14.0.3)?

Long Stride,

iOS 14.4.2

Safari? - I don’t know where to find the version.

Andrew

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

Just click on Safari next to the apple logo when you have the browser open, then click on About Safari. 

I wasted the meter part of my day yesterday trying too figure this out.  Fooled around with every setting possible to no avail.

The problem appeared out of nowhere so we can only hope it will disappear the same way.  😳

Mike and Yasuko

If you have 14.4.2, you'll have the latest Safari.

There's a couple of things you could do that might help Jason pinpoint the problem.  

1. Go to the settings app and scroll down to Safari.  Then click on Content Blockers, turn off any that are there and then check to see if you still get the email.  You might get it the first time you revisit the site, but hopefully the next time you won't.  If that works, you can turn all the content blockers back on, then visit the site and tap on the AA to the left of the website name and then tap on website settings.  Turn off Use Content Blockers.  (You'll see the same command on the initial pull down, but that's a temporary setting, while the one under Website Settings is permanent.  Doing that will apply the setting only to this website so that your content blockers will still work everywhere else.  

2. Verify that the Address/Search field in Safari has a white background and not black.  If it's black, then you're in private browsing mode, and that will always make the website think that you're on a new device.  To get out of private mode, tap on the double box at the bottom right, then tap Private to disable it.  

Edited by Overland
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Overland,

Thanks for your help.  I have been browsing in private forever and have not had a problem until recently.  Turning it off does not help.  Also, there is no “Content Blocker” under Safari in Settings.

No worries, I will get delete the email notifications as the come in.

My thanks to all who have tried to help!

Andrew

Andrew

Overland,

Thank you but my iPad nor my iPhone show "Content Blocker" under Settings/Safari/General.

The following show under General:

AutoFill, Frequently Visited Sites, Favorites, Show Favorites Bar, Block Pop-ups and Downloads.

Andrew

Andrew

No changes on my end except for the normal iOS updates.

I logged on a little bit ago and got two of the emails, instead of one!

Please don’t spend anymore time on this.  I can just delete the emails.

My thanks to all,

Andrew

Andrew

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AndrewK said:

Please don’t spend anymore time on this.  I can just delete the emails.

But - inquiring minds simply want to know.🤔

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Now I am getting the notification intermittently.  Logged on four times today and only one of those times did I get the notification, but get this... I got the notification in duplicate.  One right after the other, and with the same time stamp!

There are gremlins in the machine.  Ha ha!

• Haha 2

Mike and Yasuko