Vornado customer service compliment

JRK

We frequently let folks know about things that go wrong, but my recent experience with Vornado deserves praise. I bought a new, small Vornado space heater. It has 2 settings, 500/1500 watt. No digital thermostat. 

It worked great for my first nights at David Crockett and again in Little Rock. It was in the low 30's and kept the E1 warm. After a few days without electricity, I was in Gallup where it was snowing and got into the low 20's. the vornado had stopped working. Back to LP.

i contacted Vornado customer service from the campsite and by the time I returned home there was a new heater waiting. They had me cut off the power cord and send a picture showing the cut cord and model #. No need to return broken machine. 

My concern about the process is that it was too easy with a system in place which implies that they have frequent failures 😂

I had left the heater sitting on the floor while driving. I wonder if the shut off switch broke from being rattled about? I'll take the heater apart one of these days to see what broke. Very simple design with few moving parts. 

John

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

• Moderators

Thanks for sharing that, jrk. 

DeLonghi used a similar process a few months ago when my mom's portable ac/heat unit for her Florida room quit working. I did basic troubleshooting with them on the phone, sent a photo of the error code, then I sent them a photo of the cut cord and serial number plate. They sent a new unit, FedEx freight. No need to box or return the old one.

Hardest part was cutting the very heavy guage cord with my sidecutters.

There are still companies out there that care. I agree. Behooves us to give them a big thumbs up. 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

For those companies, which have a good reputation for "Service", I believe asking YOU to cut the power cord is their way of making sure you do not use it again.

Returning power cord & info on model/SN, and sending you a replacement unit is a lot cheaper than the alternative.

It also gives them a good rep with owners/new customers/forums like this.  Words; Get around.

• Like 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

John,

It’s always great when you hear such positive reviews about companies that stand behind their products. 

I will consider a Vornado space heater based on your feedback. Thank you! 

Patriot 

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 4/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, SNY SD UP said:

For those companies, which have a good reputation for "Service", I believe asking YOU to cut the power cord is their way of making sure you do not use it again.

Returning power cord & info on model/SN, and sending you a replacement unit is a lot cheaper than the alternative.

It also gives them a good rep with owners/new customers/forums like this.  Words; Get around.

Many years ago, when the plastic and rotomolding process was newer - I had a WW kayak that cracked at a young age. The warranty process - cut one end off - and they would send you a new boat at reduced cost. This was pre WWW - I can't remember if I sent it back or not?

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201