Hello, Pat here, but you can call me Swamp

Swamp

Introduction: I will start by saying hello I'm Pat from Joliet, IL. Thank You for this forum and the opportunity to meet all of you someday. I do not fully own an Oliver, but I will soon pick up an LE II on July 19th.

A little about myself, I am a divorced Dad that raised three beautiful young ladies. I spent most of my life working on things that fly and just retiring from a 37-year aviation career. During that time, I have had an opportunity to work on some iconic machines. P51 Mustangs, TBM's, A4's, AD1 Skyraders, F86's, and all of today's modern aircraft from DC9's to 747's. I have also worked on Outlaw sprint cars, Drag cars, both super gas and alcohol burners, and off-road race cars. The list goes on.

I am also a lifelong camper with canoe trips to BWCA, backpacking Alaska 10 times, to just tromping the Midwest woods. As I got older and had a family, I moved up to a pop up then to a teardrop(empty nester), and now the cats meow an Oliver.

In retirement, I hope to meander around the US, Mexico, and Canada with my dog Phoebe and my camera creating art in my home on wheels. I hope to meet all of you in a camp somewhere, sip some wine or a good whiskey, heck any adult beverage, and trade stories.

See you soon

"Swamp"

IE

Pat Marsh

Joliet, IL

• Like 5

Pat (Swamp) from Joliet IL,  2021 Oliver LE II Hull "848" (19K miles to date) , 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 3:92 rear end P75 Trans 

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there while looking for a place to happen. Making stops along the way"

Map2-22june.jpg

• Moderators

Hi, Pat. 

Welcome to the forum!

Only a short time away, you'll be cruising the roads with the Oliver in tow. What are you using to tow?

My aunt and uncle lived in Joliet many years (Caterpillar), as did my family for a short time when I was very young. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hello Swamp,

What a neat glimpse into your life’s adventures. Surely would make for some great camp fire stories. 

Congrats on your Oliver pick up date, it will be worth the wait.

Patriot

• Love 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Hi, Pat. 

Welcome to the forum!

Only a short time away, you'll be cruising the roads with the Oliver in tow. What are you using to tow?

My aunt and uncle lived in Joliet many years (Caterpillar), as did my family for a short time when I was very young. 

Thanks 2020 Ram 1500 3:92 P75 trans. Not a bad town to live in

• Thanks 1

Pat (Swamp) from Joliet IL,  2021 Oliver LE II Hull "848" (19K miles to date) , 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 3:92 rear end P75 Trans 

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there while looking for a place to happen. Making stops along the way"

Map2-22june.jpg

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Hello Swamp,

What a neat glimpse into your life’s adventures. Surely would make for some great camp fire stories. 

Congrats on your Oliver pick up date, it will be worth the wait.

Patriot

Thank you 

• Like 1

Map2-22june.jpg

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Swamp said:

Not a bad town to live in

I thought so too until one winter's day I deplaned at the local airport and the air temp was -17 degrees!  That's the coldest I've ever experienced.

Welcome to the sandbox and it will not be long now until you too have real sand between your toes.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome! Sounds like you have lots of adventures planned in the near future. Congrats on your Oliver purchase.

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg