Nightstand Table

One of the features we like about the EL2 Twin Bed layout is the ability to sit in the "Stateroom" and enjoy the 180 degree views through the windows while having something to eat or drink. Of course you need a table to do this, i.e. a Lagna Table is one solution.

We decided to try another approach, but will keep the Lagna Table option as a Backup alternative. The attached picture shows the prototype (not the final finished model.) I wanted to try this idea to see if it was feasible before I committed to more expensive wood etc. Our plans are to add a "Nautical Theme" to our Oliver, i.e. Teak Table Tops with Compass Roses etc. This pictures shows our inexpensive Pull Out Table made out of 1/2 inch plywood with Teak Trim. So far it has exceeded our expectations, although maybe a little small to have a meal at.

IMG_0649.JPG.34f92a4dbc6cb0029af3ae6697cb8859.JPG.d24b19cda0c8380ee11002ecaa8b7f7b.JPGIMG_0650.JPG.5307df5dcc1dc2e85f60fa843161033e.JPG.d71df8142a56d0b77110564c530a280d.JPG

Edited by Overland
Fixed photo rotation
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

We won’t get our Eii until July and will not be able to do any custom work until next winter. I think this idea is great. I look forward to seeing pictures of the final project. 

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #845

We did the side mount Lagun table in mahogany with 2 folding leaves.  I like your option.  It looks  really  nice. Plus it appears to completely stow out of the way easily.  The Lagun provides additional flexibility in positioning but more effort to stow away.  Very nice modification!!

We have just ordered an LEII, and currently have 1/7/22 delivery date.  I also like your mod and hope you will share construction details.

I also contemplate mounting a Lagun table using the design by Overland, mounted under a bed rail.

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

I like the prototype and look forward to seeing the finished table top.
Have you determined how you will keep the slide out table secured during travel?

Thanks for posting!

-Patriot

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

2 hours ago, Overland said:

I really like this.  Great idea.  Does the pull out stay pretty stable?  How far will it extend?

I could see the same idea being very useful at the dinette, too.

I am trying to send more pics but I am having trouble. The Pull Out Table relies on friction to keep it in place, It is a tight fit, although adjustable to your taste. The Table is 13 inch wide and  can be pulled out 15 inches without any additional support. It can also be pulled out a total of 19 inches but does require a support prop underneath, which rests on the Basement Door wall. Hopefully I'll figure out why my pics aren't working, they show all of this. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pat Maundrell said:

I am trying to send more pics but I am having trouble. The Pull Out Table relies on friction to keep it in place, It is a tight fit, although adjustable to your taste. The Table is 13 inch wide and  can be pulled out 15 inches without any additional support. It can also be pulled out a total of 19 inches but does require a support prop underneath, which rests on the Basement Door wall. Hopefully I'll figure out why my pics aren't working, they show all of this. 

As far as the Dinette Table is concerned, I've already consider the same idea there, it shouldn't be a problem. Of course the Pull out Table on either the NightStand or Dinette Table won't be on the same Plane.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Pat Maundrell said:

I am trying to send more pics but I am having trouble.

Let us (Moderators) know if we can help you with posting your pics - we'd be happy to help.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

7 hours ago, Patriot said:

I like the prototype and look forward to seeing the finished table top.
Have you determined how you will keep the slide out table secured during travel?

Thanks for posting!

-Patriot

It held in by friction, you have to exert a little effort to Pull it out. It stayed put for 2500 miles.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Pat Maundrell said:

Thanks, but the problem is between me and my Cell Phone.

Have you considered taking it out to lunch?😋

• Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

7 hours ago, Pat Maundrell said:

The below pics show the bottom of the Pull out table, note the Finger/Prop Cut outs, and the Underneath Support Prop required when the Table is exceeded to 19 inches-not required at 15 inches. The pics showing the Table extended is at 19 inches, we don't use it at that position, not needed, 15 inches is perfect.

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Nicely done Pat!

Good use of space and design concept.  A suggestion for you, consider embedding the support rod on the bottom side of the side out and connecting the front support end of the rod with a pin.  This would allow up and down moment of the support rod.  In addition, it would allow the back of the rod to dropout when the side out is pull out far enough to need support.  To close, simply lift the support rod up and back into the embedded slot and slide the top back in place. 

I look forward to seeing your final design.

Onward,

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Foy_Mirna said:

Nicely done Pat!

Good use of space and design concept.

Pat - 

This is really nice praise from a guy (and gal) that seem to know just a little about working with wood.  I echo that praise.

Also, it is nice to see that you and your phone are back on speaking terms - 😃

Bill

20 hours ago, Foy_Mirna said:

Nicely done Pat!

Good use of space and design concept.  A suggestion for you, consider embedding the support rod on the bottom side of the side out and connecting the front support end of the rod with a pin.  This would allow up and down moment of the support rod.  In addition, it would allow the back of the rod to dropout when the side out is pull out far enough to need support.  To close, simply lift the support rod up and back into the embedded slot and slide the top back in place. 

I look forward to seeing your final design.

Onward,

Good idea, I think I may use your suggestion in the final Table.