Delivery Inspection Checklist

Here is a draft delivery checklist prompted, in part, by comments regarding a recent inverter-mount failure (see below).  

This delivery inspection checklist began with one used by NCeagle for his delivery, to which I've added items.  The list is almost certainly incomplete -- what other items would you suggest to help new buyers?  

Thanks to Oliver for providing this educational ad-free forum, and to all of you for your forum posts that have contributed to this list.   This open-dialogue forum is IMHO a huge asset to the OliverOllie Inspection Checklist (draft 4-9-2021).pdf travel trailer brand.

I divided the list into two parts: (1) the actual delivery day inspection and (2) items for further inspection at DCSP.  I plan on testing the list in 3 weeks when we pick up Hull 792, and will refine the list based on this experience (and with your additions, suggestions, comments, etc).

The list is in pdf form.  Once updated, I'd be happy to send out (or post) an xlsx version.

1080089582_ScreenShot2021-04-08at12_37_59PM.thumb.png.ea83944cc83ffa1a81a0fc214c2de803.png

• Thanks 9
  • Like 4

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

You can ask Oliver for  their Delivery Checklist that  they use to be sure they cover everything with new owners - that may include some smart additions for this list.

• Like 4

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

6 hours ago, Fritz said:

Here is a draft delivery checklist prompted, in part, by comments regarding a recent inverter-mount failure (see below).  

This delivery inspection checklist began with one used by NCeagle for his delivery, to which I've added items.  The list is almost certainly incomplete -- what other items would you suggest to help new buyers?  

Thanks to Oliver for providing this educational ad-free forum, and to all of you for your forum posts that have contributed to this list.   This open-dialogue forum is IMHO a huge asset to the OliverOllie Inspection Checklist (draft 4-9-2021).pdf travel trailer brand.

I divided the list into two parts: (1) the actual delivery day inspection and (2) items for further inspection at DCSP.  I plan on testing the list in 3 weeks when we pick up Hull 792, and will refine the list based on this experience (and with your additions, suggestions, comments, etc).

The list is in pdf form.  Once updated, I'd be happy to send out (or post) an xlsx version.

1080089582_ScreenShot2021-04-08at12_37_59PM.thumb.png.ea83944cc83ffa1a81a0fc214c2de803.png

Thanks for doing this Fritz.  Nice Job.  I have printed both lists (yours and mine) and will compare over coffee tomorrow morning.  From first glance it looks complete.  I'll pass along any adds I may have which would be of interest to any new owner.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

• 3 months later...

Based on issues I've been dealing with for half a year now w/o resulution I strongly suggest including a check  of the  firmware versions  on your  Xantrex inverter if you  have one in your  unit as well as the  version of the firmware  in your  inverter remote panel. If they're  not current ask Oliver to  update them for you before you  leave and  if they won't update properly ask that they replace the  inverter unit in your trailer.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jps190 said:

What is the current firmware version

It’s linked from the product page for the inverter on the Xantrex site. Check there for the number and files

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Delivery day Check list Fritz!   I'm taking it along with me.... and between now and April/end 2022... I'll probably have a few more items on it.

• Thanks 1

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

You may want to check the fitment on the screen door, mine had a 1/4 gap in the top half of the door and let all kinds of bugs in before I found where they were coming from, I opened a ticket on it but the repair that was recommended did not work so I purchased auto/marine  weather stripping, also check your tire pressures mine came in at 52 to 83 PSI and check for over spray of gel coat on your wheels and center caps, I still have to clean that mess up!

Hull 833

2019 F250 6.2L

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone on this post as well as others...Given our long wait is just about over, We took the liberty to build upon Fritz's and others great work and  tried to incorporate any new issues/areas of concerns.  While we know that Oliver has their own delivery checklist, going through this ourselves was a good way to "think" through all the systems.  I am sure lots more can be added!

Here is a link to our checklist and thanks again to all the work others did for us with their checklists!

Edit: If anyone is interested in a Word version - we would be happy to provide it.

Edited by Jim and Frances
Added info
  • Like 3

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

• Moderators

I'm excited for you!  Delivery day is really special and exciting.  Just take your time and try to have fun.  Things should be a bit easier with the camping area right outside the delivery area.  This should give you even more time to re-check everything - just to make doubly sure.

I trust pics will be forth coming.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

johnwen - It is amazing how much help we have received from owners in this forum - all I did was try to merge together all the lists others had already done.  My wife tells me I am missing good stuff on the Facebooks groups (Oliver Owners of America for one).  I am already overloaded with my OCD list  LOL and as topgun2 mentioned above - we will be having fun for sure - been having fun during the wait with all the studying and list making  😀  Your wait will be over before you know it!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

I have to believe that some of these problems mentioned are random and one-off rather than a consistent failure to complete components correctly. For example, during delivery I did not catch that there was no caulking around my kitchen sink, and I did not catch that only one duct was connected to the furnace and the other duct was loose. Also, I didn't catch the big gap around my screen door until a week later when the trailer filled with mosquitoes! I think the people in the factory are doing a good job overall, but something is bound to slip by any given worker on any given day. In case the Oliver quality control process doesn't catch it, it's important to use this list and spend as much time as necessary at OTT before driving away so that you can catch anything that needs attention. The problem is that we're so excited and emotional to finally be picking up our trailer that our eyes are not as sharp as they might otherwise be. When I have a friend who wants to buy a car I always suggest they take me with them so that I can look at it with a more skeptical eye. Maybe I should have done that when I picked up the trailer.

• Like 2

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Cameron said:

The problem is that we're so excited and emotional to finally be picking up our trailer that our eyes are not as sharp as they might otherwise be. When I have a friend who wants to buy a car I always suggest they take me with them so that I can look at it with a more skeptical eye. Maybe I should have done that when I picked up the trailer.

Interesting point and well put.

There is just sooooo much going on when you take delivery.  And, many of us are simply too polite or feel that we are imposing on the time, energy, graciousness, etc. of the people that are showing us our new baby.  Combine this with not wanting to look too "stupid" about things that are new to us and it is almost a perfect storm for overlooking things that simply seem so obvious just hours or days later.

Your "friend idea" is a good one.  But how many of us have a friend that is knowledgeable enough and could take the time to help in this manner?  

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Cameron said:

I have to believe that some of these problems mentioned are random and one-off rather than a consistent failure to complete components correctly. For example, during delivery I did not catch that there was no caulking around my kitchen sink, and I did not catch that only one duct was connected to the furnace and the other duct was loose. Also, I didn't catch the big gap around my screen door until a week later when the trailer filled with mosquitoes! I think the people in the factory are doing a good job overall, but something is bound to slip by any given worker on any given day.

A dedicated QC person(s) that double checks during construction would catch many of the one-off issues.  This has been discussed over the years, I hope they continue to improve their QC practices.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 3 weeks later...

Aloha Fritz,

What a great checklist!  We saved the document and will be bringing it with us when we pickup our Oliver in May 2022.  Thank you!  Have you had the opportunity to complete your three week test you talked about and if so, have you added any additional checks to the checklist?  

Mahalo,

M&K

• Like 1

Hawaii / 2021RAM 2500 Power Wagon 6.4L / Elite II ~Delivery May 2022

Relaxed.jpg.3d7892cc86c3852d4142aabebc15cd93.jpg

Thank you -- I'm glad I find the list useful.  I have not updated it, but I see that Jim and Francis provided a link to an updated list (see earlier post in this thread).  As I mentioned earlier, Oliver has addressed some of the things that are on the list (still worth checking, though).   New items come up on this forum on a fairly regular basis (e.g., battery support bolts), and I expect that Oliver will continue to address these newer issues as well.  Again, still worth checking.  

My general recommendation from our experience is to become very familiar with the electrical system, especially if you opt for the Lithionics batteries.  In general, I'm satisfied with the lithium batteries, but it has taken more time and effort to become comfortable with how the trailer's electrical components work as a system.  An electrical schematic for the electrical system would be SO helpful.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

• 2 weeks later...

Jim and Frances:

I would love to have a Word version of your delivery checklist.  I expect that if you post it on this thread, there will be others who will enjoy having it as well.

Thanks for putting it together!

Ralph Pond

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Here is the Word version of the checklist we used.  Again, Fritz and others did all the heavy lifting on this.  

Inspection Checklist Ver 20211004.docx

Now, for the truth....Did we go through EVERY item on the list at our pick-up last month...No .  As mentioned above, given the excitement, exhaustion from trip preparation, etc., it was really hard for us focus on every item.  But we did take time to enjoy delivery and have fun! 

We did run through the list, and as I mentioned in our delivery day post, I was totally impressed with corrective actions taken on recent issues.  Hanna in Delivery knew of every recent issue I raised and provided a detailed description of what had been done to address it.  We I asked about the battery box support nuts, she immediately dove into the rear settee compartment to check them, she mentioned she could not remember having done that on their pre-delivery inspection.  And yes, they were tight.  So, while we didn't check every item on the list with our own eyes, we asked Hanna about it and discussed it.  Other examples include:

• didn't crawl under the frame to check every zerk fitting, the ones I could see had grease showing in the right areas. 
  • didn't check to ensure there were balance weights on the tires, but I did ask if the tires had been balanced. 
  • didn't check that the Xantrex inverter had the latest firmware, but asked if it had been updated.
  • didn't get out my ladder and check the roof, solar panel attachments, etc.

Now that we are home, we are taking more time to review items.  So far, everything that Hanna told us was completely accurate (tires were balanced, inverter had latest firmware, etc). 👍

Given that we were totally newbies, I would add the following to our checklist....

While at the Oliver Campsite (which is very nice!), test every system to ensure you know how it works.  We did not try to empty the grey water tank after the first night,  even through they have a dump station at the Oliver campsite.  A couple of days later when we went to actually drain the tank, we could not get it to drain 😲!  We called service, and with calm help on the phone, realized our trailer was not very level at the dump station.  Our problem was due to pesky gravity.  Had we done this at Oliver's dump site, we would have better understood this issue. 🤪

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4