Solar Tracker / 2021 Oliver NOT Rally events update

hardrock

For those of you attending the 2021 Oliver Travel Trailer NOT Rally on May 13-16, at Lake Guntersville State Park in Guntersville, AL, please let me tell you about two events that might interest you.

1. In the past, we have traditionally had vendors at the Oliver Travel Trailer Owners Rally in Guntersville Alabama that support Oliver Travel Trailer owners.  One of them, Happy Camper Solar displayed a Solar Tracker  prototype made for Oliver Travel Trailers at the last official Oliver Rally.  After 2 years of development and listening to customer input, there are now fully functional models to display.  Although I am part owner in this company, I will be unable to attend the rally this year but my Oliver Elite will be at Lake Guntersville State Park to display the Solar Tracker. Located at the Dog Lot near Section D and the Beach Pavilion, it will have a solar tracker installed on it and be available for viewing the tracker for one day of the rally.  This is a fully automated tracking system designed to automatically track the sun all day to significantly maximize the charging of your batteries all day long.  It does this by automatically raising and rotating your solar panels on the trailer rooftop to keep them pointed directly at the sun all day long.  This system has been designed with many performance features that track safe and easy.  Our design and development engineer will be available to answer your questions.

2. If you are going to be in the Guntersville area on June 26-27, and you enjoy racing, you may be interested in Lake Guntersville’s Hydrofest. 

Hydrofest | Marshall Tourism & Sports (explorelakeguntersville.com)    Guntersville has always been known for fast boat races.  On June 26-27, 1967  I lived in Guntersville and saw the world’s water speed record broken on Lake Guntersville.  The speed was 285.21 MPH.  This record was held here for many years.  

History Part 3 ∞ Hustler ∞ Jet Hydroplane UK ∞ Longbow (jet-hydroplane.uk)    My grandfather and I stood on the banks of the Tennessee River very near where Lake Guntersville State Park was later built. We heard the boat coming, saw a flash before us and it was gone.  This Tennessee River site was chosen because it was one of the longest stretches on a navigable river  with calm water.  Come and enjoy all Oliver, it’s owners and Alabama has to offer.      

Ya’ll Come !!

Coy 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds great, we will be there!  We have chosen to boondock down the road on the water at the parks Boondocking site.  We live close to Guntersville and we have a favorite spot. Hope to see everyone there again ! Hull 126.   Terry and Mary Rutherord 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hope all of you who attended the non rally had a good time. 

I'm very curious about the solar tracker showing. Did any of you see it? Capture a video? Impressions?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.