Fresh water tank monitor

On a recent camping trip the Fresh Water monitor read "OPN" indicating an open in the tank sensor wiring.   This happened multiple times but then goes back to reading normal percent reading.  Gray and Black tanks indicators are fine, only Fresh.  I cannot find where to check the sensor on the side of the Fresh tank?  How can I get access to this?

Thanks,  David

The fresh water tank can be seen if you lift the access hatch closest to the stove under the curbside bed.   The fresh tank is the translucent low flat tank.  Part of the gray water tank can also be seen there.   The level sensor is a small green circuit board mounted on the end of the fresh tank facing the back end of the trailer.   Just happened to have mine open for de winterizing. 

FB80DA46-0D2C-4DC5-A4B4-33F4187DD32B.jpeg

A51C2B2F-876D-4A8C-A83D-A37703453511.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by FrankC
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

David,

To confirm the wiring is good to the sender on the side of the tank, press the water button on the SeeLevel monitor twice so it shows a continues readout.  Then short across the two leads, on the top of the sender with any metal object.  If the monitor reads a short "sht", you know the wiring to the sender is good and the sender needs replaced.  Contact Gabe Morales at Garnet.

gmorales@garnetinstruments.com

Andrew 

Edited by AndrewK
  • Thanks 2

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

David,

You my want to try Gabe.

I got our replacement for free!  I also had to replace the monitor panel.  Also, free!

I have found Garnet and Gabe great to work with.

Andrew

• Like 1

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d