We Did It!

johnwen

Yesterday we had Jason L. reserve a spot for us on the Oliver assembly line.  Construction doesn't start until November with pickup in January next year.  As full-timers in our 17' Casita we are so looking forward to stepping up to an little larger FG home and moving on.  I'm so impressed with the factory and people who work there.  WooHoo 🙂   John

• Like 6

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/

• Moderators

Congratulations.  Since you've enjoyed your smaller Casita, I'm sure you'll love the Elite II.

How long have you been full time? I'm sure there are a number of people here who would appreciate hearing your tips and experiences. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thank you SeaDawg.  Full-timing for about 15 months now.  Sold the house in South Carolina and haven't looked back.  Our Casita is an 2018 model we bought at the end of 2017.  It still looks new. I hate to part with it but, as I age, a little more room and the safety of 4 tires vs 2 will be appreciated.  I'm sure glad to find this forum....so many ideas and much information.  🙂

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I almost bought a Casita - but - I found Oliver before I could pull the trigger in Texas.

Glad that you are here.  It will be interesting to hear your take on the differences and similarities between the two.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks Bill.  We didn't have the resources to pay for an Oliver until we sold the house last year.  We really hate the idea of leaving the Casita behind, so we'll keep it in storage for a year or so after we get the Oliver to make sure of the "Oliver life."  They look similar from the outside and we've even had a few people ask if the Casita was an Oliver...since we have no logos on the Casita.

• Like 1

Congrats! We had a Casita (17’) before picking up our E2 last fall... We loved that old camper but are so happy to have switched to Oliver.. the extra roominess makes a big difference for sure.. 

• Like 2

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

3 hours ago, johnwen said:

Thanks Bill.  We didn't have the resources to pay for an Oliver until we sold the house last year.  We really hate the idea of leaving the Casita behind, so we'll keep it in storage for a year or so after we get the Oliver to make sure of the "Oliver life."  They look similar from the outside and we've even had a few people ask if the Casita was an Oliver...since we have no logos on the Casita.

We are doing the same (keeping current camper until convinced the Ollie is the way to go).  However, I suspect the old one will sit unused and then later sold.  

• Like 2

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

3 hours ago, johnwen said:

we've even had a few people ask if the Casita was an Oliver...since we have no logos on the Casita.

LOL, within the Oliver family the question is “Is that some sort of Casita?” Get used to it. Though I do admit that within the last year more people seem to recognize an Ollie and the number of those questions has decreased.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Or you could just upgrade to the triple slide bunk house Casita, lots of room! This one popped up on Craigslist for just $800!

DDBCEDD8-FCA7-40C1-892B-43469DE33B97.thumb.jpeg.99215934554356dc319e6458d2fc081a.jpeg

LOL,

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Haha 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

Or you could just upgrade to the triple slide bunk house Casita, lots of room! This one popped up on Craigslist for just $800!

DDBCEDD8-FCA7-40C1-892B-43469DE33B97.thumb.jpeg.99215934554356dc319e6458d2fc081a.jpeg

LOL,

John Davies

Spokane WA

Omg, the scams.

What, no hot tub?

• Haha 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.