Isotherm model FL115EL 12 volt dc fridge will it fit?

Okay, In our camper van are  installing the isotherm 115 elegance 12 volt.  The size is approx 20 3/4 wide , 31 3/4 tall, and 21" deep.  Now...with the anticipation of our Elite ll we are thinking about putting the same fridge in that.  Doing away with propane for the fridge. We do take alot of overloading trips with groups and finally came to the conclusion this would best fit our needs. Has anybody replaced with this or a similar model? Wonder if we could get the factory to do it? 

IMG_9728.jpg

• Moderators

Yes, it will fit. The 115 is smaller than the TF130 that I  have. I believe Overland's isotherm is also 130 liter.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Yes mine’s the 130, too. The 115 is a bit taller but it won’t be a problem.

I doubt if the factory would install it on the production line but you may be able to get them to do it in service after. I’d say if anything see if they can delete the fridge on the line and not cut the hole for it. Covering the extra space for a retrofit is the most difficult part. 

• Moderators

You'll actually need some venting strips to adapt the rough opening, as all the dc fridges that fit are smaller in footprint,  but larger in fridge capacity. 

The freezer on the 130s is small. Like a large shoebox. Maybe not even 1 cubic foot. We're driving right now, but I  could measure later.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

From specs, cf115, 32iter freezer. Cf130, 6 liters.

But the fridge capacity is smaller in the 115.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

8 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

You'll actually need some venting strips to adapt the rough opening, as all the dc fridges that fit are smaller in footprint,  but larger in fridge capacity. 

The freezer on the 130s is small. Like a large shoebox. Maybe not even 1 cubic foot. We're driving right now, but I  could measure later.

8 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Thank you very much! I did just find the specs.

It would be great if they offered a factory option for the compressor fridge, especially with the expanded lithium/solar packages they now offer.  Even if they offered a factory delete option for the propane fridge, not having extra holes in the side of the trailer would be a bonus.  From what I have read, the compressor fridge cools down faster, has a larger capacity for the same footprint, and is not temperamental about being level.  The only negative I have read would be extra white noise it makes when the compressor is running.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The compressors are very, very quiet. Not noticeable to me at all. 

The biggest downside is the power consumption.  Though the Danfoss/Secop compressors are extremely efficient,  they still use a lot more power (roughly 55 to 70 amp hours a day) than a three-way running on gas. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

We can hear ours, but that's probably because the upper vent for the fridge is right by the compressor.  That might be another advantage of the 115, since the compressor is on the bottom.  

I installed a little fan inside for air circulation, which runs full time when the fridge is in use, and that you can only hear when the fridge door is open.  

• Moderators

I would add this. The 115 is organized very similarly to the Norcold that will be in your trailer when you pick it up. I'd just try it awhile, and see what you think. The 3ways are quite efficient on gas.

We actually really liked our first Fridge, the Norcold. As we did the 2nd, the Dometic  three way. We've never replaced a working fridge with something different. We chose the tf130 because we could do the install ourselves, and it fit through the door and opening if our older trailer, without having to remove the shower wall. And, we picked up a little capacity, an interior light, and a drawer beneath.

Remember,  our trailer is over 13 years old, and has traveled over 110,000 miles. We've had to replace a few things over the years .

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

7 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

The compressors are very, very quiet. Not noticeable to me at all. 

The biggest downside is the power consumption.  Though the Danfoss/Secop compressors are extremely efficient,  they still use a lot more power (roughly 55 to 70 amp hours a day) than a three-way running on gas. 

Yes, we took the 115 and had it running / using it in our basecamp (home) living room for the past 1 month while the van was in Colorado for the warranty work. That compressor was not noticeable to us unless right beside it. So so quiet. Thanks for the info on the power consumption , we do have a lithium package in the van . 

• Moderators

I know. My husband went out a few days ago and turned on the fridge. He couldn't hear anything,  so aked me to check. I could hear it when I bent down, next to the fridge door. The old three ways didn't make much of a sound, either. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4