Selling Your Ollie Online

I just wondered if any of you have been through this experience. All day, every day, I get messages (esp on RV Trader) from people who say they are so serious about buying mine, and we talk on the phone 30-60 minutes. They really are coming this day and time, and even want me to guarantee that it will still be available by the time they get here. They REALLY want my Ollie. 

Every time — without fail — they send a new message or text me saying not coming and decided the E1 was too small or whatever. Asking me questions like how much would it cost to have “aftermarket” Lithium batteries added. I am about to scream.

Is there a better way to word my ad? How about “For sale. Don’t contact me unless you are not a flake. I mean it.” Kidding of course. But making a point here in frustration. People don’t seem to read? Or they just wanna chat on the phone? What?

Thanks for listening. And no I am not interested in wasting YOUR time. I hope I don’t, ever, anyway. Sigh.

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

Alot of first time buyers....during This Pandemic buying Frenzy....most have not seen a Oliver due to how scarce they are....its alot of money to part with.....especially on impulse....just remember to accept that 90% of the people will not show....go about your day as usual......have them call a couple hours out so you know they are really on their way. If they keep changing the day and time....tell them you are no longer interested in selling. I have driven thousand of miles total looking at trailers and rvs....but first I do my research..get plenty of photos top to bottom, inside doors, especially maint records....detailed....in your case its new....most do very little research or make an effort to find one and go in it to see if it works for them. Just taping off the size on the floor with blue tape will give you an idea if its too small....I am one person and can make just about any small camper work for me....my issue is I look and see all the wasted space with the extra bed, extra dinette seat and wish someone would build a solo unit in fiberglass.....good luck and sometime it takes time to sell such a new unit...even at a discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran said:

.my issue is I look and see all the wasted space with the extra bed, extra dinette seat and wish someone would build a solo unit in fiberglass.....

Unfortunately building a “solo” trailer makes no market sense whatsoever, and in fiberglass it would be much more difficult than for a stick and staple one. If you want a solo Ollie you will have to make some mods yourself, you could start with an LE2 Twin and eliminate the street side bed, and add cargo tie down tracks there in place of the mattress.

Oliver used to offer taller bed risers for more storage space underneath, but stopped doing that through lack of sales (I suspect). They still have the molds, maybe they could be persuaded to build and sell you a couple of them.... they would install easily with pop rivets.

The LE2 has tons of built in overhead storage for one person, it can get a little tight for two. Eliminate the microwave and that gets you a big storage box.

The “wasted space” does not have to stay wasted😬

John Davies

Spokane WA.

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I have been tempted to remove the fiberglass bases in my Casita independence dlx...and build it like I want it....I built my own camper van a few years back. It was alot of work......I am trying to find a solution....I've been looking at the Bigfoot 17.5 with a galcho bed that I could remove and built in a large twin.....bigfoot is roomy compared to my casita.....as far a the market for solo.....their are thousands of solo travelers out there....but the van conversions are filling the need...

20181119_114234.jpg

20190522_132345.jpg

20190522_132328.jpg

20190208_164849.jpg

In the resent past I have used Cycle trader and Craigs list to sell 2 motorcycles. I was inundated with scam phone calls and texts, both sold but less than 10% of interested buyers showed up for their appointment so be patient and don't go out of your way for anyone! You have a beauty full trailer for sale. Good luck

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Hull 833

2019 F250 6.2L

On 5/1/2021 at 7:40 AM, Fran said:

Alot of first time buyers....during This Pandemic buying Frenzy....most have not seen a Oliver due to how scarce they are....its alot of money to part with.....especially on impulse....just remember to accept that 90% of the people will not show....go about your day as usual......have them call a couple hours out so you know they are really on their way. If they keep changing the day and time....tell them you are no longer interested in selling. I have driven thousand of miles total looking at trailers and rvs....but first I do my research..get plenty of photos top to bottom, inside doors, especially maint records....detailed....in your case its new....most do very little research or make an effort to find one and go in it to see if it works for them. Just taping off the size on the floor with blue tape will give you an idea if its too small....I am one person and can make just about any small camper work for me....my issue is I look and see all the wasted space with the extra bed, extra dinette seat and wish someone would build a solo unit in fiberglass.....good luck and sometime it takes time to sell such a new unit...even at a discount.

Tab 400 made a solo model with a single twin bed 

• Like 1

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

On 5/1/2021 at 8:40 AM, Fran said:

Someone withe years of RV and Ollie ownership told me of a brand of 4-season (fiberglass?) trailer made in Canada that is top notch. Might check into that?  Sorry I cannot remember the brand name but someone here far more knowledgeable than I surely does, or a Google search would probably show it. I have a buyer coming to see mine Fri May 7 and have privately notified all who said they may come to see it; I am trying to be fair and courteous about this process as best I can. Ad on RVT expired and in my very limited experience (!) this forum is the best place to list an Ollie, if for no other reason than that people seriously looking into Ollies (new or used) seem to be here or sign up and research thoroughly via this official branded site. YMMV! 🙂

• Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

7 hours ago, Moonlight Mile said:

Someone withe years of RV and Ollie ownership told me of a brand of 4-season (fiberglass?) trailer made in Canada that is top notch. Might check into that?  Sorry I cannot remember the brand name but someone here far more knowledgeable than I surely does, or a Google search would probably show it. I have a buyer coming to see mine Fri May 7 and have privately notified all who said they may come to see it; I am trying to be fair and courteous about this process as best I can. Ad on RVT expired and in my very limited experience (!) this forum is the best place to list an Ollie, if for no other reason than that people seriously looking into Ollies (new or used) seem to be here or sogn up and research thoroughly via this official branded site. YMMV! 🙂

He may have been speaking of Bigfoot trailers.  Also, Northern Lite, located in Canada, longtime maker of (IMO) the best made truck campers has plans to make a 4-season trailer called the Boreal.    You can see some information about it on their website.  It would be constructed somewhat along the lines of an Ollie II, but a bit more spacious.

There is a dealer in Norcross, Ga but he is out of stock....the Bigfoot is a 4 seasons camper....the 17.5 single axle, the 21 and 25 foot ones are dry baths...17.5 is a wet bath.

Also there is an Escape fiberglass camper in Canada...Escape just came out with new design a 21 foot....2 floor plans.

Be aware some people advertise with Canadian dollars which make them look really expensive....verify before moving on..