Field of Ollies

Thought some of you who are considering buying an Ollie or taking a factory tour, but haven't, might get a kick out of this pic I took in Hohenwald, at the OTT factory-showroom. Why, yes, it's an entire field of Ollies! Taken from across the lot from the OTT factory-showroom. Just thought it was kinda cool. 

Field of ollies.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

Cool, I count 11 but were there more to the right? When we collected “Mouse” in May 2017 there were just 4, parked on a scruffy gravel back lot....

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

1 hour ago, Fran said:

That looks like demand is slowing or price is too high for market...both maybe

Or they are all sold units waiting for pickup. If the build time is into the next year I’m sure the waiting customers would have snatched all of those up already. 

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

In this day and age I have a hard time believing folks.....dealer In particularly ....lol

Could be also service vehicles...or maybe they are finished but waiting on a common part  coming from china....the stopper in the canal a while back may have back logged alot of parts....

Two weeks output and either service or waiting for a buyer pickup.  Demand definitely not decreasing yet with orders placed now being delivered in Feb 2022. 

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

7 hours ago, John E Davies said:

Cool, I count 11 but were there more to the right? When we collected “Mouse” in May 2017 there were just 4, parked on a scruffy gravel back lot....

John Davies

Spokane WA

There were more to the right and maybe a few around the corner on that side.

• Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

Two weeks output and either service or waiting for a buyer pickup.  Demand definitely not decreasing yet with orders placed now being delivered in Feb 2022. 

Yes. And remember the weather last January and February? A number of people had to postpone pickups late Jan/February.  

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

When I was there for delivery, there were 19, all sold waiting for pickup. Mine was ready, on the lot, for more than 2 weeks prior to my delivery date. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

On 5/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, Fran said:

That looks like demand is slowing or price is too high for market...both maybe

Last fall I observed similar - most were sold awaiting pick-up, the rest  - service related. 

It is all a matter of perspective - I get a kick out of the Oliver business model - they get paid upfront for most  -if not all of the material and process costs, and have a very elastic pricing scheme. They raise prices, the wait list grows..... material planning - Covid excepted - is simple. Every manufacturer would love the model.

As for units on site - a place I once worked built 1000 + units a day, shipped that on most days, and worked to a finished,  but not shipped float of less than 20 - very hard to do.

Now - I also did some work for another Asian manufacturer - who ended up with 18,000 units on site - not shippable - it was an amazing experience. 

Oliver with 20 or so, ha.

RB 

• Love 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201