How do you know its raining in my neck of the woods?

When BOB has time to look at the forum and post needless comments - all in the name of elucidation - and boredom.

I moved Ollie out from its protective covering to do some trip readiness - Given the weather - I Suppose I could wash Ollie - rinsing is much easier and water conscious. 

Gonna make some lemonade - 

RB

• Like 4

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

I washed my trailer in the rain before we left on this current trip.  It actually worked quite well since the temps were in the 80’s.  There was a thick coat of pollen all over that began to run in streaks as it rained.  Now we’re in KY and it’s raining, so just sitting in the trailer answering needless comments with more needless comments.  Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

We know it's raining hard, when I cook indoors.  

Two days of rain. Yuck.

But, the jambalaya was good....

Hopefully,  tomorrow is a better day.

20210504_192040.jpg

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Overland said:

Stubborn, I guess.

There's at least one other adjective that I can think of for this behavior. 😅

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Speaking of rain....  we had quite a bit last night here in central KY.  I had the awning out about 4 feet with the back side lower, or so I thought.  Woke up this morning and the middle of the awning contained a swimming pool and the frame was twisted pretty bad.  It was so heavy I couldn’t lift either support to drain so I used the crank to push up the middle until enough water was drained that I could lift the front support.  Surprisingly, everything twisted back to its original shape, so disaster averted.  I had the back about 6” lower than the front, but I guess we had so much rain in such a short period maybe it didn’t have enough time to drain and once it started pooling in the middle it didn’t matter.  It wasn’t out far enough to put the center support in which would have helped.  Camping is fun!

• Wow 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

12 hours ago, BlueHighways said:

How do we know it’s raining? 
We just call the dog in and see if he’s wet.

Doesn't work for us - Harley too often heads to the pond - blue sky's and he will come to the door WET..... 

Chesapeake's seem to be as much duck as they are canine..... 

• Haha 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201