Fuel Availability

• Moderators

I just got off the phone from speaking with Patriot who told me that they have cancelled their reservations for this year's Non-rally due to fuel concerns.

A "ransomware" attack on the major fuel supplier to much of the southeast has caused fuel shipments to be suspended until possibly Friday.  This has caused fuel shortages in Asheville, NC and even as far east as Charlotte.  Phone calls to the tri-county area surrounding the Lake Gunthersville area confirmed that many gas stations are already out of gas.

So, if you are in route to the Rally be very careful in making sure that you have enough fuel and or have enough supplies of food and drink to last for least a week.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

This morning i was out for a doctor's appointment in the Chesapeake, Virginia area and there were several gas stations closed.  I went to Sams Club and there were about two hundred vehicles in line for gas.  I only had to wait a short time, just lucky.  

We had planned to leave on Monday for a few days camping in the western part of Virginia, now I am not sure, may have to cancel our reservations.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

Given that this issue has to due with the pipeline supply coming to the southeast part of the US I'd guess that the further West you go the better off you will be.  I'm not exactly sure just how far west this pipeline covers.  But, I do know that there has been some reasonably large effect in the Gunthersville area and the three counties surrounding there.

Good luck and please be careful.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I just put diesel in my truck - the store manager was worried they would be empty of "gas" by days end. Seems diesel is ok - for now..... 

This is around Winchester/Tullahoma TN. Lets hope its cleared up in a week or so.........

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Ok for now - but hoarding will deplete the supply very soon......

Seems Mid TN - eastward and south east are the areas affected. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

This is a quote from the Wall Street Journal:

The Colonial pipeline runs from Texas to New Jersey and carries about 45% of the fuel consumed on the East Coast, according to the company’s website. The shutdown is particularly worrisome for Southeastern states, including North and South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia; they have fewer sources of fuel compared with states farther up the Atlantic coast.

In Raleigh, N.C., area on Tuesday, cars were lined up 30 deep to access a dozen pumps at a BJ’s Wholesale Club. Lines three-cars long waited to fuel up at a Sheetz convenience store near Raleigh-Durham International Airport, one of the rare area stations that still had fuel.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

There was no problem in Dunlap, TN yesterday.  The news reports I just read said southeastern states are affected.  Once the pipeline is open there will be a lag of some sort before everybody is resupplied.  We could probably get home by going north then west to I-35 before heading south.  Looks like OK and TX aren’t affected.  If stations around Lake Guntersville are out or running out we may have to cancel too.  😠

• Sad 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• The title was changed to Fuel Availability

We have not encountered any fuel problems in Denver NC, so far. Gas prices up to $1.79 to 1.89 per gallon for regular. Seeing 15 cents increase per day per gallon this week since Sunday. Waiting for a resolution to the pipeline issue before heading out camping with Ollie.

• Like 3

Bill #75 LE2

Maybe just a coincidence here in Florida a lot of fuel stations are experiencing long lines at the pumps. More than usual  it doesn’t take much to start  panic these days. 😳

• Like 2

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

We just took down the Clam, fire pit, cooking table, etc, and packed the truck.   I think we’ll head home tomorrow.  We’ve had a good month out in KY and TN.  Hate to miss our last week and those going to LGSP, but I think it’s best we head west tomorrow.  Mike

• Sad 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We canceled both Vogel SP in Ga and LGSP. We look forward to visiting both parks another time. Both parks were very understanding about the fuel shortage and provided full refunds. 
Be Safe,

- Patriot

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

News reports in the Asheville, NC area claim that some 50% of gas stations are out of gas and/or are limiting purchases to 10 gallons.  A Pilot station near Waynesboro, NC (due west of Asheville) is "low" on gas but claims they are getting 7,000 gallons tonight and another 9,000 gallons of gas tomorrow.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting times - but not something we - US citizens -  have not been warned about - in many information channels . The electrical grid has been on the hit list, and similarly, delivery systems for multiple other goods are in jeopardy.   

Terrorist attacks (actual physical damage) to just  a few key areas of two pipelines and you could shutdown a large part of the country. Do similar to a few key bridges - and NYC will be out of key goods within a few days. 

Our supply chain is one of the best in the world - however -it is highly vulnerable to nefarious actions.

It is inconvenient that many of us have had to alter our plans for leisure activity. When large parts of the country go without for a few days - inconvenience will be a fond memory.

A month from now - the country will be back to its normal stupor - and we will still be in the target zone - with little action towards thwarting the bad guys. 

We want to blame panic buying - but it is just human nature. 

I'm sure - fuel will be unavailable around here tomorrow. The local businesses were filling every tank, vessel, and vehicle available. They can't get people to fill open positions - but the one I talked to - commented - we can do something about keeping our stuff moving......

I laughed out loud as a highly placed fed official lashed out at the citizens - as she was about to leave in her gov supplied transportation. 

Ok - everybody take care - 😖

RB

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I guess we’ll just stay home and camp on Blueberry Hill be grateful and let the world go right on by.
Life is good! 

4E39FE82-9B5F-4B11-A3AE-26A019738D64.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

Just canceled our stay.    Hope we will get to see everyone next year.    Thinking we will stay closer to home the next couple of weeks here in the great state of Texas.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA

• Moderator+

Plenty of Diesel in Tupelo and only 2.69/gal. We leave for Lake Guntersville tomorrow.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

I just called a random gas station in Guntersville.  They said “We still have 93 but will be out soon”.

Based on that, we are not going to make the trip.

• Sad 3

David and Vicky | Burns, TN | 2020 LEII #686 | 2017 Ford F-250 4x4 6.2L

As I made my way about this morning - about 3 in 4 stations were empty - diesel was available.  I believe - we will be fine in a few days- as most have a full tank.......

• Like 2