Greetings from Canada

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Tonight, we're camped on part of the Georgian Bay, at Sturgeon Bay Provincial Park Campground, near Parry Sound, Ontario. I wish I had the bandwidth to upload photos, but I'm just amazed my aircard is working at all. I was told it would not work here before we left the US. (It is painfully slow, but I've been able to read my email at least every other night so far. Responding, however, takes a loooong time.)

The scenery is amazing. We rented a small boat to explore the bay today, and had a wonderful day. Forecast was for showers and clouds, but instead, we had sunshine and clear skies most of the day. Lucky us! Navigating through the rocks and hundreds of small islands was interesting, but so much fun.

My friend Lois met us about a week ago, towing her Casita from Iowa, and we crossed into Canada together over the St. Lawrence Seaway. Handheld radios work better than cell phones to keep us together on the small highways, winding through the lakes, bogs, and boulders, past lovely little villages and small old churches...

Stopping for supplies at Huntsville, we both parked our rigs next to a VW bug towing a Boler. Had a great time visiting with the owner and her mother. We've been very warmly welcomed at each campground in Ontario, and have enjoyed each of the Provincial parks we've visited for its own special scenery.

One of these days, we'll find a coffee shop in the village, and be able to upload a few photos.

Till then,

We're thinking of all of you often,just not on the internet much.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Wow, CANADA - :shock:

Does this mean you guys win the award for the first ever, Oliver on eastern Canadian soil? Maybe BuffaloBob will come up with a plaque or something . . .

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Hi, everyone. I'm sitting in the parking lot of the Thunder Bay downtown library, using their free wireless.

It's been a great trip across Ontario, camping in a number of Provincial parks during the past two and a half weeks or so. Tomorrow, we'll head into the U.S. again, camping in Grand Marais for a few days before we visit my family in Brainerd. The Ontarians have been wonderful hosts, the camping facilities are great, and the scenery is nothing short of incredible, especially between Lake Superior State Park and Sleeping Giant PP, Thunder Bay. We have many (thousands?) photos to share.... later.

Yes, it's been marvelously cool... hardly ever above 70, usually in the sixties, and nights twenty degrees cooler yet. My kind of weather!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Sheri n Paul !!!

Sounds like a great trip ya'll be ahaving!!! Daughter called day before yesterday with a weather "report"... 1,002% humidity and it hasn't started to rain yet..did her Walmart run, grocery store and kids to school...and she's DONE for the day....and she wanted ME to spend summer in Tampa...hahhahahahahaaaa.

97 degrees, 23% humidity 20% showers and 5 mineral spring hot tobs from 102 to 108..... and the Rio Grande at 57 degrees. Life is GOOOOOOOOD 8-)

Peace, Love n Chiles, Chuck, Geri n critters

• Moderators

We are back in the US, camped at Grand Marais, MN. I'm listening to the waves of Lake Superior crashing on the rocky beach beyond the pine and birch trees rimming our campsite. (We're on the edge, a good place to be. This is a huge municipal cg, 300 sites, and many of them more like an RV park than a cg.) Anyway, my aircard works again, so here are a few photos of one of my favorite campgrounds, Lake Superior Provincial Park, Ontario:

View from the rear window of the Oliver:

Canada09LakeSuperior135.jpg

A video of one of our hikes, the Sand River Trail, used by the First Nation, then the Voyageurs, then campers... It's about six or seven kilometers, round trip on a linear trail. A few ups and downs, and a little rock clambering. Don't miss it. It is spectacular. Four sets of rapids. Allow at least three hours, probably more. You will want to stop often to enjoy the water, the scenery, the wildlife.

th_Canada09LakeSuperior149.jpg

Take bug spray (or wipes, as you see me using...) In the still areas, the mosquitos are on the attack...

Another trail,, the petroglyphs, is short, but amazing, and not easy. I moved very slowly along this rock ledge to view the glyphs. The rocks below would not make a nice landing spot...

Canada09LakeSuperior091.jpg

Lake Superior is a beautiful park, huge, with many wonderful trails for hiking, and Sinclair cove for kayaking and canoeing.

We met one man who'd camped Lake Superior PP every year for 44 years.

I know why, now.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4