Touch Lights Circuit?

I have a 2020 LE2.  All the touch lights work fine, except for the two over the sink and stove.  The one over the stove is intermittent in whether it will work, but if I turn it off, it may not come back on for a bit if immediately trying again.   The one over the sink is somewhat more regular, but is dimmer when it comes on and obviously getting less current.  The AC plug over the sink work fine.  All of this while on AC power.

I pulled the covers and the wire triggers seem to be fine, when they do work.

I pulled the cabinet flooring and exposed the wires to each, juggling them a bit to see if it was an obviously loose connection, but no apparent impact on making the lights work, or not.

Any other thoughts as to where to look?

Thanks...

• Like 1

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators

Ralph - 

I happen to know that Patriot had many of the symptoms you are describing with his kitchen lights.  You may want to send him a PM (private message) in this regard.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Ralph Mawyer,

I simply just replaced the light.

I ordered  two new replacement touch lights from Oliver. One for my galley sink and one over our burners is acting like it may need replacing as well. It does not work as consistently as the new replacement does. 
Contacted Mike at service and he shipped them to us USPS. The new light over the galley was easily replaced and I am waiting for the one over the burner to quit before replacing it. I spliced the wires and used electrical tape and heat shrink tubing to secure the connections. The new light works perfect. Stating the obvious here, it was a quick and straight forward fix. We’ll see how long these replacements last.
-Patriot

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

For those of us with older trailers can somebody please explain these new ones and post a picture, or link to a source other than Oliver? Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

These "new" lights actually look fairly similar to the "old" ones.  The main difference is that instead of being turned on and off via a external switch on the wall, you simply reach over and touch the lens of the light and it comes on.  Touch it again and it goes off.  Nice feature in that most of the lights will work independent of the others.  In my case, if I turn on the "kitchen" lights, actually two will come on - the one over the sink and the one over the cook top stove.  With the new lights you can turn each of these on/off individually.

From Oliver's perspective this change was a win-win.  Apparently wiring was simplified, a second switch panel was done away with (both of which saved time and effort in production) and the owners got more choices as to which lights could be turned on/off at any given time.

Sorry, but, I don't have a source but I'm sure that it should not be too hard to find.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We've gone with switchless lights in our house (Philips Hue) and once the bugs were worked out, they've been pretty awesome .  For the most part we never think about them.  Light just happens.  But in the trailer I think I want something tactile.  A good switch feels nice.  Feels like you've done something.  I'd love to replace mine with these:

789987641_ScreenShot2021-05-17at11_07_25AM.thumb.png.edf04db6fd299ad751079976bf82e20e.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close the loop, I talked to Service and they agreed just replacing the light was the best solution.  At $6 each I just ordered four and will do them as needed. Just need to get my rivet kit back from my friend that bought my Casita. Thought I was out of the rivet business 🙂

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators

Ralph - 

You might want to PM Patriot in that he recently replaced one of his "touch lights" to see if he has any pointers for you.

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Same/Similar on Hull#751 Touch lights over galley. stove light is flickering as I type and sink started just cutting off after few minutes just days ago.

One of my couple gripes with Oliver is NOT having a BOM ( Bill of Materials ) to assist in finding operating, trouble shooting and replacement parts ordering information.  

Dang Flickering LIGHT !!  I may have to get out some flashlights and shut off master cabin light switch for sleeping.

'There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us,it doesn't behoove any of us to speak evil of the rest of us'

> 2021 OTT EII , TAB Teardrop has good home after 10,000 miles of pleasant learning <