Ordered Ollie!

Kitalexi

Hi Everyone- we toured the factory in March and promptly ordered our Ollie. Pick up is right before Christmas so we are planning a cross country trip. We live in Idaho so plan to return via the southern states to avoid inclement weather as best we can.

We do have a few questions:

has anyone replaced the dinette cushions with denser foam? They seem a little squishy.

Also wondering about changing the shower head? I would like a bigger one.
I have looked on the forums a little as well but haven't found the answers.

Thanks ahead of time!

We have thicker cushions. However back in 2017 it was an option that is no longer offered. The draw back for us is that someone that is vertically challenged their feet might not touch the floor. You could always open the cover and put in a piece of denser foam.

The shower head we have is perfectly fine, at least for us.  However most of the time we are trying to balance a complete shower and conserving water...

• Like 1

• Moderators

At least a few people have replaced the shower head. NCEagle's lovely upgrade:

And, Overland's beautiful total bathroom remodel

I seem to remember a few more. I'll edit and add if I  find them.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks for the replies- yes I am vertically challenged Maniac....so I will definitely keep this in mind. We are on our 10 th season in our Scamp and I am unable to touch the floor so I use a little footstool! I may try to add some memory foam or something like that to make the cushions a little denser.

love your shower mod. This is what we were thinking so we could use the sink and the shower separately. thank you

• Moderators

Here's another thread on shower mods

8 minutes ago, Kitalexi said:

I may try to add some memory foam or something like that to make the cushions a little denser.

You'll probably find the memory foam would not help. I'd probably check out some higher density replacement foam squares, if the seats are too soft. 

We ordered our 2008 with high density foam. (We had a choice then.) It's great for seating, but a bit firm for sleeping. I use a memory foam topper on top of the cushions.

On the boat, I  had new cushions made  some years back with 3 or 4 inches if high density foam,  and an inch of memory foam glued to the top. A good compromise for seating, and decent comfort for sleeping. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 4 weeks later...

We upgraded our seat cushions to a denser foam and also used a Sunbrella Fabric for our color scheme.

We found a local Foam Source shop that also had contract upholstery folks to do that job.

We have twin beds, so we also made cushions that run along under the windows, and then across the wall against both the pantry and the stove end.
We like those as we often sit on the twin bed and watch TV.

Craig Short

Hull 505

Check our BLOG here:

https://4-ever-hitched.com

• Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg