2021 - Oliver's Travels -all share

Hello fellow travelers!!

New year-New Day- Where did Ollie stay today -we are winging it  - almost all flipping trip. As the Memphis I 40 bridge has traffic a little slow - we left a day earlier and went by way of West Helena Arkansas, Never been here before -so -why not - And then up to our next stop, and a few more - on the way to Park AZ. So a few strokes on Rec.gov and we snagged a great spot on Enid Lake Mississippi. Persimmon Hill CG is another wonderful COE facility with a geezer pass $12.  Spot 50 - on the end of the point - overlooking the lake. Well kept and many miles of park roads to ride/walk.  Well worth the time if you are in the area. 

I hope many will contribute to this 2021 Summer posting. I am going to try to keep it going - depending on the digital domain availability. Verizon that is -------

Our loosely made plans - are to traverse the heartland - I-40 until we hit the in-laws home at 7500 ft' - stay awhile then head out - to ????.

And where are you my fine fiber glassed friends? To steal from the Who - Where are you, where where -  tell me- where are you- because I really want to know....

On the road again,

RB,CB and the Dog.

And to edit - fuel prices went up in AL, and down in Mississippi. Interesting - must be the tax base.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

yes KM. Just depends on the vibe. We gonna call ya'll in a few to check in....

• Love 1

• Moderator+
13 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

...And to edit - fuel prices went up in AL, and down in Mississippi. Interesting - must be the tax base.

You’ll find the lowest gas tax in Alaska at 13.77 cents per gallon, followed by Missouri at 17.42 cents per gallon and Mississippi at 18.79 cents per gallon.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

So it was Maummelle on the river last night. Tonight Oklahoma flatlands 35 west of OKC. Territory Route 66 RV. Small newer perfect.

Fuel prices diesel from $2.75 to 335. We chose 275.16219808187733676420892123621925.thumb.jpg.fa0038e14e75b5b4e6f49843c62c422a.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators

Yup, that's flat, all right. 

Safe travels!

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

San Jon municipal park. NM. Free.  Has cleanest restrooms I've ever seen for a public place. Desert hot 90. Dry.  Down to 61 so will be good. Windy.  Weird traffic today. Woo hoo no $$$ no rez.  Good day .

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

• Moderators

BoB - 

Exactly why do you keep picking the lower of the two numbers?😁

Is traffic EVER not weird?🙄

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Sadly, we're wrapping up our travels, for now. Time to start planning our fall adventure to to add West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois to travel map. Any "must see" suggestions appreciated!

Screenshot_20210527-132922_Polarsteps.jpg

• Like 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

5 hours ago, topgun2 said:

BoB - 

Exactly why do you keep picking the lower of the two numbers?😁

Is traffic EVER not weird?🙄

Ok i had to pick one of the highest $$ today. As everyone was hi priced today.

As an aside  -since I was a little pup I have had memories of a place called "Clines Corners". I once had a CC  pocket  knife - long ago lost.  So for some reason I seem to stop in on my westward trekking. It is nothing special.  But we stop. Go figure 🤔 

16221377187822100476871862068325.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, BackofBeyond said:

As an aside  -since I was a little pup I have had memories of a place called "Clines Corners". I once had a CC  pocket  knife - long ago lost.  So for some reason I seem to stop in on my westward trekking. It is nothing special.  But we stop. Go figure 🤔 

We usually stop at Clines Corners on our way to/from Durango.  Maybe you can find a new pocket knife?  😎

• Care 1
  • Haha 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I know the feeling - sort of....

On interstate 70 just west of Warrenton, MO (St. Louis area), there is a Pilot gas station.  It simply doesn't matter if I need gas or not, I just got to stop - they have fresh Kettle Corn!  After all, ya can't eat a pocket knife. 🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Soooooo, last night of the first part of the trip. Gonna stay the night in an old junk yard. Route 66 Junkyard Brewery Grants NM.  It is a harvest host stop. Have some brews and stay in the lot that  was   the junk yard. It is a different kind of place🙃

20210527_151533.jpg

• Like 5

Spending a week or two in Northern AZ - nice temps but dry as heck. Really good to be off the road - seems the "getting there" as easy as it is - is getting harder - or I'm just getting cranky!😖

Every trip we have taken since delivery day 2018 - we have folks who are interested in Ollie. 4 out of 5 stops we gave tours of our twin bed - solar Ollie. It never gets old - the comments on clean design and thoughtful construction.  

Happy trails all!

RB

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you’re around Flagstaff, Walnut Canyon National Monument is worth at stop as is Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument.  Enjoy the dry weather!  Mike

• Like 2

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 2 weeks later...

One cannot get too many 40 degree nights and 70 degree days - but after two weeks it was time to explore new places.  Due to a lapse of judgement - mine - we ended up having to head to  Farmington NM for the night - Bluff View RV park. Not bad for a night - clean restrooms, quiet - pretty much an asphalt park. Today we are headed to Abiquiu  Lake - NM. 

Good travels all.

RB

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

One cannot get too many 40 degree nights and 70 degree days - but after two weeks it was time to explore new places.  Due to a lapse of judgement - mine - we ended up having to head to  Farmington NM for the night - Bluff View RV park. Not bad for a night - clean restrooms, quiet - pretty much an asphalt park. Today we are headed to Abiquiu  Lake - NM. 

The last time we camped in Farmington (actually Aztec, Ruins Road RV) it was January and temps were low teens to high twenties.  It was a decent spot for visiting Son and family in Durango.  40s and 70s sounds better!  Enjoy the rest of your trip… Mike

5A2A4BF2-8423-4387-B397-5741228ABFBA.jpeg

• Moderators

Last time in Farmington for me I was on a motorcycle.  Heavy thunderstorms and water in the streets that covered my boots!

Route 64 that goes through the center of town continues east all the way to the Atlantic ocean!

Safe travels!

Bill

On 5/27/2021 at 10:49 AM, BackofBeyond said:

16221377187822100476871862068325.jpg

I remember driving by there on our maiden voyage from Hohenwald to Home (Oregon).  I don't recall if we stopped; the trip home is a blur 😐

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

So, we spent a day at Abiquiu Lake - COE in NM. it is a decent COE campground, but the lake portion is sort of useless - getting to the water was just  - hard - so we went to the tailwaters and let the dog swim. Very hot - so the next morning we went on to Chama NM - found a very nice place - Sky Mountain Resort - and to our surprise - there is another Oliver parked just down the way!

What to think - out of the blue we pulled in - and there was another Ollie!

RB

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BackofBeyond said:

What to think - out of the blue we pulled in - and there was another Ollie!

Gone is the day when we could travel this great country of ours while being rather certain that we were the only Oliver around.  And to think that I always thought that I was the only one smart enough to find, buy and enjoy one of these campers!  Just shows that the folks in Maine are not the only ones that can have a "not-rally".

Bill

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Gone is the day when we could travel this great country of ours while being rather certain that we were the only Oliver around.  And to think that I always thought that I was the only one smart enough to find, buy and enjoy one of these campers!  Just shows that the folks in Maine are not the only ones that can have a "not-rally".

Bill

Back in the day (2008-10) , unless we planned to meet up, we saw only a single Ollie "in the wild." On i26.

There were less than 50 of us, then.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.