2021 - Oliver's Travels -all share

On 5/27/2021 at 2:35 PM, BackofBeyond said:

Soooooo, last night of the first part of the trip. Gonna stay the night in an old junk yard. Route 66 Junkyard Brewery Grants NM.  It is a harvest host stop. Have some brews and stay in the lot that  was   the junk yard. It is a different kind of place🙃

We stayed there on the way down to tour the ollie factory. Henry was a great host , Good beer and brisket. They also have a drive in movie screen and we happen to be there on a night they decided to play a movie.  Interesting place.

IMG_0938.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

So, we spent a day at Abiquiu Lake - COE in NM. it is a decent COE campground, but the lake portion is sort of useless - getting to the water was just  - hard - so we went to the tailwaters and let the dog swim. Very hot - so the next morning we went on to Chama NM - found a very nice place - Sky Mountain Resort - and to our surprise - there is another Oliver parked just down the way!

What to think - out of the blue we pulled in - and there was another Ollie!

If your still in Chama and it's not to hot...There's a hike that takes you to a suspension bridge that goes over the Chama River. 

IMG_9776.jpg

• Like 3

Next up elevation ! Drove over 3 major passes Wolf Creek, Spring Creek, Slumgullion, the last being 11530 ft high. Landed in Henson RV. Lake City CO. Backed up to creek- literally.  Harley had more fun than his bones could handle. Moving slowly this morning 😪 other than sardine like sites- decent for the days stop. There is a great brewery just a short walk into town. Try the beer cheese and pretzels ummmmy

Off to the Arkansas River today!.

Be good all.

RB

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Distressing.  We have been roaming around CO and areas since 1995 - I've Never seen the lake at Gunnison so empty. Just wow.

Nice weather today. Gonna boonies it for a few 

RB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

RB - 

Since you are in the neighborhood -

You might want to take a run up to Tin Cup, CO.  

Bill

We may. It has been a few years since our last visit.

Currently in the Raspberry Gulch Dispersed camping just off 285 between Salida and Buena Vista CO. 4 miles  off main road. Very nice.  Additional good enough 4g and cell. All paid for by our Federal tax dollars. Can't beat it.

20210616_152359.jpg

• Like 2

Nice day but it is time. We are heading home had three routes to choose from but the one through KC won. 

Hard to believe I miss my gardens and all that mowing- but I do

RB

• Like 1

Stayed at Henry Horton State Park, TN, cabin (Chapel Hill, TN) while waiting for Oliver annual maintenance package being performed at the Mothership. Not one too mechanically inclined, letting the Oliver Service Department do all the annual maintenance provides me a sense of security Hull#444 will make it through the camping season without issues.  Also, can task the Oliver folks with any other repair work while at Hohenwald.  Attached list of maintenance items in this package.

Oliver Annual Maintenance Package.JPG

• Thanks 1

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

My view, at twilight. 

I love the woods.

20210618_210847.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 6/16/2021 at 11:28 AM, BackofBeyond said:

Distressing.  We have been roaming around CO and areas since 1995 - I've Never seen the lake at Gunnison so empty. Just wow.

Nice weather today. Gonna boonies it for a few 

RB

I hear lakes all over the Western US are reaching record lows . . . . Lake Powell, for one.  We haven't been south into CA since we returned home from Ollie delivery in mid-December.  I'm sure Shasta Lake is low, as well.  

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

My view, at twilight. 

I love the woods.

20210618_210847.jpg

Me, too . . . . except for the bats . . . . I have a great phobia . . . . not sure why 

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Last leg completed. We ended up staying at what was rated as a "good" RV park just off the hwy. It was 108 degrees on the TV screen. Somehow fitting - as it was perhaps the worst of the trip - time to go home. Not sure how you run a big park with one bathroom per - and then turn the water off in the morning due to a leak! JJJ was not AAA.

It was a great time - traveled a few roads - new to us, visited a few places we once haunted, and and overall had a good time.

The icing on the cake - we met a wonderful couple in KC who are very excited to be the next owners of #359. Ollie has been a trusted partner in our jaunts across the the country - I'm sure  the new owners will enjoy him as much as we did.

I have commented on our ability to stuff Ollie with the needed things. Just wait till you empty yours - things seems to have multiplied. Even found that spare kitchen sink. Jeeeze.

RB, CB, and H.

• Like 2