Another day another issue - LP indicator

So the dial that turns from green to red once cylinders is shut off quit working today.  I can still turn them off just more of nuisance really.  

Anyone had this issue and been able to fix?

Thanks 

Brian 

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

Hi Brian,

I don't understand what you are asking.  So my apologies if you already understand what I am telling you. Once the primary cylinder that is selected by the propane change over lever runs out the regulator shows red. You can have both tanks open and when the regulator shows red it will switch to the other tank. You will know the original tank is empty because it is red.  See about 1:30 in the propane tank video here: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/videos/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

image.jpeg.09f40a09983d95bd862eb789e3430148.jpeg

2019 Ram 1500 5.7L V8, 3.92 axle ratio - 2020 LEll - Hull676

6 minutes ago, Ray Kimsey said:

Hi Brian,

I don't understand what you are asking.  So my apologies if you already understand what I am telling you. Once the primary cylinder that is selected by the propane change over lever runs out the regulator shows red. You can have both tanks open and when the regulator shows red it will switch to the other tank. You will know the original tank is empty because it is red.  See about 1:30 in the propane tank video here: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/videos/

No worries.   When I picked up they showed me which side was primary tank and if closed the primary tank by closing valve on top the indicator when from green to red as there was no gas flow.  She said that will tell you if propane tanks are closed for travel.  Worked for several days but this am indicator stayed green even though primary tank was closed therefore no gas flow. Perhaps that isn’t how indicators work but that is how it was explained.  Thanks.  

What position do you have the tank selector lever set to?  And just closing the valve on the tank won’t necessarily cause the indicator to change to red right away.  If there is still enough propane pressure in the line the indicator will stay green.   If you have both tank valves closed you can try turning on the stove to bleed off any propane still remaining in the lines and then see if the indicator turns red.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankC said:

What position do you have the tank selector lever set to?  And just closing the valve on the tank won’t necessarily cause the indicator to change to red right away.  If there is still enough propane pressure in the line the indicator will stay green.   If you have both tank valves closed you can try turning on the stove to bleed off any propane still remaining in the lines and then see if the indicator turns red.  

Thank you very much. That was information I was needing.   Bleeding lines after turning off cylinder moved it to red.  Much appreciated.  

Brian, I am glad you got it figured out. During normal usage there will always be some appliance operating to bleed off pressure so that the flag will switch to red. Your situation was not really how it was designed to operate. Some of us only open one bottle at a time, so that when the gas runs out it is very obvious, because all the appliances quit working, but that is risky for your fridge contents and you might have to run out at 2:00 am in your jammies to switch on the other bottle. OTH running out completely might be far worse if it is below freezing outside…

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.