Dometic thermostat not showing Bluetooth icon

Less than 2 weeks since we took delivery of our 2021 Elite II Hull # 802, and I 've got a lot to learn. Today I wanted to Bluetooth pair the thermostat with the Dometic Climate control app, as shown in the Oliver Standard Features manual but the Bluetooth icon is not showing on the thermostat. The thermostat is otherwise functioning properly. Any ideas on this?

image.png.8b51f4b4e53b5bd43a5b3b4dbc61376a.png

Jeff Simone and Katie Thibodeau

2021 Oliver Elite II Hull # 802

Tow Vehicle; 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 6.0 Liter Vortec

I don't know about the 2021, but I don't believe the dometic thermostat in the 2020 is bluetooth capable since on my thermostat there is no bluetooth icon at the bottom of the thermostat. Dometic makes one that is bluetooth capable like in the manual, but it shows a bluetooth icon on the thermostat as in the drawing you reference above. The thermostat in mine has just a plain white face at the bottom of the thermostat.

• Like 2

image.jpeg.09f40a09983d95bd862eb789e3430148.jpeg

2019 Ram 1500 5.7L V8, 3.92 axle ratio - 2020 LEll - Hull676

• 2 weeks later...

No Bluetooth thermostat on hull 792 either, despite the manual describing one. At delivery, Hannah mentioned that they always upgrade to something better if making a switch, but perhaps in this case…. Service did suggest that Bluetooth and compatible thermostats are available from other sources.

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

• Moderators

No offense intended,  but I'm perfectly happy with my analog 2008 thermostat.

I really don't need or want bluetooth.  I just want a thermostat that works .

I hope mine lasts another 14 years...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

First world problem, but while my initial thought was I don't need Bluetooth for AC either, after living with the DB level and recycling time of the 2020 Dometic I'd be happy to be able turn it on or off, or change temp, from bed as needed vs having to get up multiple times and try and read the LCD screen. 😉

• Like 2

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

We're on our first post-delivery camping trip to northern Minnesota.  The weather has been changing daily from high-80s to low 50s.  It would be dandy, like Ralph said, to have the ability to adjust the thermo from bed!

2021 Legacy Elite II  Twin Beds   "R-Villa" ~ Hull #803 

2021 GMC Denali HD, 6.6 L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, 10-speed Allison

ALARILINIAKYMNMSMOMTOHSDTNWIWYsm.jpg

I just heard from Jason two days ago. "The standard thermostat does not have Bluetooth connectivity but Dometic does offer that feature. "

I wish my salesman had told me that nine months ago.

I installed a micro air thermostat in my Ollie. It has both Bluetooth and WiFi. We monitor the temps in the trailer for the dogs from anywhere we have signal and can turn it on or off when we are away from the trailer. The screen is in color and is always easy to read. I highly recommend it over the domestic. It’s one of our favorite upgrades. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

You can get the upgrade to bluetooth.

I had same question on my Elite I. I was told that the Elite II came with the bluetooth, but the Elite I did not.

John

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

No BT thermostat in our 2021 Elite II, hull 699.

Don't get me wrong . . . . I'm no technophobe . . . . I embrace technology.  But I'm glad to have one less app on my phone and one less tech gadget to manage.  

As for convenience in adjusting temp from bed, I turn my phone off at night, to give it a rest and chance to recharge.  Usually I'm snuggled in my down sleeping bag, so temp doesn't matter.  You can set the thermostat to come on at a certain temperature . . . . . don't think you can at a certain time.

On another note, I can't believe we just picked up our #699 in December and we are now talking about hull# in the 800's . . . . . Wow!!

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Since one of us can actually reach our analog thermostat from bed, in our elite 2008, I guess I'm less understanding. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+
4 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

On another note, I can't believe we just picked up our #699 in December and we are now talking about hull# in the 800's . . . . . Wow!!

With the trailer orders that they have received but have yet to build and deliver, they are well into 1000’s. 

• Wow 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

For me, it's not so much that the thermostat is not Bluetooth enabled, it's the fact that the Standard features Owners Manual for the 2021 Elite II shows the Bluetooth enabled thermostat as standard, which leads me to believe it must have been at one time. This could have been mentioned, along with an explanation. Was this mentioned to anyone who picked up a new Elite II this year?  

Jeff, the sales info and actual documentation are not 100% accurate. Nor would I expect them to be. But you can complain to Oliver Sales, tell them to correct the error and ask if they will send you one as an apology or at least sell you one at cost... then sell your old one online.

There are a couple of errors in their LE2 pages that continue to bug me, especially the claim that it is built for off-road. That is highly deceptive, though the term is very common sales hyperbole with other RV manufacturer’s packages that are mostly cosmetic.

F1FBB98B-D4A8-494A-93A7-D9A7BDF2D987.thumb.png.776f948cce74f6f544c6809fc5da0b0c.png

Though I can’t imagine them saying “you must tow it down a potholed road at no more than 5 mph to keep from beating the cr@p out of the frame and your gear.” 

BTW Hull 218 came with a mechanical “furnace only” stat, because it has a non-Dometic AC and they could not figure out how to make a digital one work. I replaced it with a $22 battery powered non-programmable furnace- only one …. Cheap Stat …. when that one died when the points burned up. It is much more satisfactory than the old one, it doesn’t have a 4 degree dead band. I would have a hard time paying $250 for a smart one😬. But if it came standard, I might appreciate it…. As Ralph commented, a First World problem! We do seem to expect a lot from a camper. Good luck. I personally would not just let this stat issue drop.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old topic however, my 2022 does have the dometic thermostat with bluethooth however the app seems to only be available for iPhone. I'll probably be swapping it for that one that corvus shared. With Temps in the single digits up in alaska I've been ripping through propane in only a couple days keeping the furnace going. I'd like to be able to control it from an app so that I'll remember to shut the furnace off when I'm going to be away for the day and have it warmed back up when I'm on my way back.

• Like 1

2018 F150 FX4 5.0v8 

2022 Oliver Elite Hull #1285

2023 Oliver Elite Hull #1434

8 minutes ago, Coastal Aggie said:

my 2022 does have the dometic thermostat with bluethooth

Our 2022 didn't come with a BT thermostat, only the manual controlled Dometic.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2021 at 5:30 AM, alininger said:

I installed a micro air thermostat in my Ollie. It has both Bluetooth and WiFi. We monitor the temps in the trailer for the dogs from anywhere we have signal and can turn it on or off when we are away from the trailer.

OK... So, "D" and I are "dog-folks".  This feature is exactly why we installed a Micro Air Model 351 last week.  So long as we have a wifi signal and Magnus is bannished to the Ollie (on rare occasions only) - we can monitor his environment.  What we do for our 4-legged family members.... right?  Piece of mind.

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX