Campground etiquette question

TexasGuy

To the original poster, it is normal for 50-70 RV's to check in or out of my CG on any given day. In the situation you describe the only guilty party is the guy that was mean mugging you while you were backing in... Period. We have all been in that situation and he obviously forgot that fact. 

As for the onlookers that really enjoy watching others struggle? well I have little respect for this, its rude, simple as that. 

When it comes to helping folks out? I tend to chill out for a few moments while I determine if they are struggling or simply need a bit of time to get the lay of that particular site. If I am sure they are struggling I ask if I can assist in any way and typically just walk next to the drivers window quietly offering "turn driver/turn passenger" directions to the driver until their rig is safely in their site, if this fails I do offer to drive and have backed in more rigs than I can count. 100% of the time this has been appreciated and never any liability issues or damage to anything at all. 

None of us are perfect we all need a hand now and then, when the chance to be the one who helps arises? Put your beer down for a few minutes and do your part. IMHO.

Dan

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, dennis said:

+1
One of my fondest memories of my father ...

Parents + 5 kids in a station wagon...just drove in from east jesus for our yearly camping trip...everyone exhausted and ragged...we can see the campsite where we are about to set up our tent...some fancy dude with some giant trailer thing can't get out of the road...what else could go wrong...

Dad gets out of the car and just goes all "Ain't life beautiful" on everyone who will listen.  "No place I'd rather be!"

I was 12 and Dad was cool.

There may be no answer when you are the guy backing in.  But there certainly is when you are the guy waiting.

I think your dad was a pretty special guy. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

18 hours ago, fairmontrvpark said:

In the situation you describe the only guilty party is the guy that was mean mugging you while you were backing in... Period.

I don't know.  Patience has never been a virtue of my own, but I've definitely run into a few fellow travelers who deserved not only a mean mug, but perhaps a vigorous finger wag as well.

To the original post, I'd say that whenever you're in a situation where you're holding someone up, ask your partner to go over and ask if they'd like you to let them by.  My guess is that the offer in itself would be enough to diffuse any tension.  

• Like 1