AC dripping inside OE2

We picked up hull 806 on May 19th and camped 3 nights at David Crockett, 2 nights at Chester Frost near Chattanooga and 2 nights at Timber Ridge near Helen Ga....then home to the Winston Salem NC area.

I'm an old Boy Scout that spend many a night under the stars, or in a tent, or in an adirondack....the LE2 is fantastic!!!

The knowledge gleaned from Oliver University material and this blog helped us to have a successful launch. I had and still have a lot to learn but having sources to find answers and good advice is very much appreciated.

The only issue I am dealing with is the AC sometimes drips water in the middle of the floor. During our first trip, we had cool weather and did not use it much. I turned it on a couple of times and ran it for 45 to 60 minutes. While running it did not drip....it dripped only after switching the fan to auto or after turning it off. It dripped quite a bit one time....enough to half soak a bath towel and it dripped slowly for several hours.

I put in a ticket with Oliver and they authorized me to choose from a service center list. That turned out to be no good. Either the listed centers would not work on the Oliver or they would book appointments out into August. Oliver then authorized me to choose from a list of mobile rv repair services. I contacted one today that might be able to work on it in 6 weeks.

Today I decided to run the AC at home and observe what may be happening. I  put some dehumidifying canisters in the cabin. I ran the AC for 4 hours this afternoon. No drips while running. I turned it off and check an hour later and there is a small amount of drips in the floor....not even 1/4 cup of water. This is much much less than what we had while on the first road trip. (all windows are up & no fans running)

So, my question is what is normal? Should I never get any dripping? Is there anything I can check or do before I can get a tech to look at it?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

On our Elite (2015), the condensate drain off the AC unit was not connected to the condensate drain installed by Oliver. Oliver's drain line is a white pex line that diverts the condensate to the outside. I bought a piece of silicone tubing to fit (can't remember the exact size) and connected to two tubes. The black fitting goes to the exterior, the white is off the AC unit. If you remove the interior cover, you should be able to see if they are connected. Other than that, I've heard pine needles can cause issues up top. Remove the top cover and make sure everything is clean. Haven't done this in a while so sorry for the somewhat vague description! Good luck.

Dave

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

• Thanks 2

2015 Oliver Elite, Hull 107

1998 Ford E-250, 5.4 liter

• Moderators

Since the rv techs are booked out for months, and it's definitely getting hotter soon, and your ac doesn't drip while running , I'd try this first.

Jack the front up just a bit, maybe 0.5 to 1 inch. Not enough to be uncomfortable for you, maybe enough to get proper pitch for the drain line.

The drain line could be impropetly pitched, pinched, or partially clogged. With the ac running, pressure could send it out, imo, but drip inside when the ac is cut off.

We rarely run ours, so that's all I've got, for the moment. 

I'm sure someone will suggest how to clear the drain line. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, SteveCr said:

So, my question is what is normal? Should I never get any dripping? Is there anything I can check or do before I can get a tech to look at it?

Shouldn't ever drip inside. Most likely you've got a leak in the condensate line at one of the multiple tube connections between the evaporator drain pans and white PEX overboard line shown in Dave's photo. With the intake filter on the bottom front of the air distribution box removed, you should be able to see all the potential sources and if there is backup from an obstruction further down. To remove the filter: Open the forward air diverter, Then use a few fingers to reach in and feel for the front edge of the filter frame.  Push down hard at the center until the it pops loose.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SteveCr said:

We picked up hull 806 on May 19th and camped 3 nights at David Crockett, 2 nights at Chester Frost near Chattanooga and 2 nights at Timber Ridge near Helen Ga....then home to the Winston Salem NC area.

I'm an old Boy Scout that spend many a night under the stars, or in a tent, or in an adirondack....the LE2 is fantastic!!!

The knowledge gleaned from Oliver University material and this blog helped us to have a successful launch. I had and still have a lot to learn but having sources to find answers and good advice is very much appreciated.

The only issue I am dealing with is the AC sometimes drips water in the middle of the floor. During our first trip, we had cool weather and did not use it much. I turned it on a couple of times and ran it for 45 to 60 minutes. While running it did not drip....it dripped only after switching the fan to auto or after turning it off. It dripped quite a bit one time....enough to half soak a bath towel and it dripped slowly for several hours.

I put in a ticket with Oliver and they authorized me to choose from a service center list. That turned out to be no good. Either the listed centers would not work on the Oliver or they would book appointments out into August. Oliver then authorized me to choose from a list of mobile rv repair services. I contacted one today that might be able to work on it in 6 weeks.

Today I decided to run the AC at home and observe what may be happening. I  put some dehumidifying canisters in the cabin. I ran the AC for 4 hours this afternoon. No drips while running. I turned it off and check an hour later and there is a small amount of drips in the floor....not even 1/4 cup of water. This is much much less than what we had while on the first road trip. (all windows are up & no fans running)

Thanks,

Steve

Interesting they gave you a list of mobile techs.  I got the okay to use a mobile tech for my solar that doesn’t work but they did not have list of providers they could provide as starting point.   

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package