Boeshield T9 vs. Fluid Film vs. Termites

I had purchased some contact cleaner and Fluid Film to clean out my 7-pin trailer connector on my truck and also used some Fluid film on my hammer locks to mitigate the inevitable rust that will occur.    Then I ran across this video comparing the two products which was interesting. 

I didn't use the Boeshield T9 due to how much more it costs and based on the above linked video, the sticky residue Fluid Film leaves would not really interfere with the two applications I made.

HOWEVER...I have since learned that Fluid Film attracts swarming termites - but given it's stickiness, it also traps them.  It is that time of year in southeast TX when we get ants and termites swarming after rains and I just happened to notice this.  Purchasing some Boeshield now as I am sure Ford used some wood in my F250 😉

2021-06-02_8-09-00.png.dc0a0f45d1e6527c6ba4dfd435fc838e.png

• Like 1

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Jim and Frances said:

It is that time of year in southeast TX when we get ants and termites swarming after rains and I just happened to notice this.  Purchasing some Boeshield now as I am sure Ford used some wood in my F250 😉

…and it looks like we’ll be getting more rain in the days to come.  Not used to things being so green around here!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Fluid Film will remain as a high viscosity goo until it absorbs enough dust (or termites) to seal it's outer coat.  I spoke to the manufacturer a couple of years back and they stated that the inner layer of film will continue to protect against rust after the outer coating becomes gummy from the dust.  Otherwise, the product will eventually wash off from rain.  When udercoating my trucks, they actually suggested I drive around on a dry dirt road to help this process along.

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

4 hours ago, GAP said:

Fluid Film will remain as a high viscosity goo until it absorbs enough dust (or termites) to seal it's outer coat.  I spoke to the manufacturer a couple of years back and they stated that the inner layer of film will continue to protect against rust after the outer coating becomes gummy from the dust.  Otherwise, the product will eventually wash off from rain.  When udercoating my trucks, they actually suggested I drive around on a dry dirt road to help this process along.

Very interesting!  Thanks!  

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7