"It was the best..."

poliver

Welcome to the forum! I too am an Oliver newbie.  I recently scored with a LE2 not an hour and a half away from home!  I'm not new to fiberglass or RVing but one of the things that makes owning these trailers, as I'm sure you've researched, is the resale value.  If you end up not liking your Oliver, you can almost certainly get all of your investment back!  The camaraderie and knowledge of this forum has already proven itself to me in my quest to fix minor things on my new ILOVHER! 

I owned my previous FG camper for ten years and I didn't know a thing.  I now consider myself pretty knowledgeable and many times, travel alone.  The empowerment is huge and when you have desire to learn, the sky's the limit!  I figure if I mess it up, I only have myself to blame!  This forum will be a handy tool in your quest to figure things out.  Again, welcome! 

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"

21 hours ago, poliver said:

Hi Mike and Carol! Really like your welcome and post. I just spent the past two hours talking to Saleswoman Anita at Oliver. She was marvelous!!! I got so much valuable information from her but what made our conversation so wonderful was her obviously caring personality and the love for her job and the company and it's products and service. During the past two months I've talked to a lot of people in her position in other companies who barely gave a d**n, no less offered me a bare skeleton of time or info. Anita knew from the get-go she didn't need to "sell" me on Oliver. It was obvious that I wanted one. We shared stories that ranged all over the map along with giving me pointers on the website about the videos and University. Thank you Anita!!! 

It's just a matter of time.

Fun facts: I own a 2018 Chevy Colorado Redline V6, 4x4 with their factory installed towing package. So far, I haven't seen my towing truck mentioned in various posts here but it is rated at a 7,000# towing capacity (which I don't want to go near). 

Curb weight: 4,340#s

GVWR: 6,200#s

GAWR: 6,700#s

GCWR: 12,000#s

Tongue Weight: 500#s

All of this puts me at the LE rather than the LEII as I can't afford two new vehicles and I really like my truck. It only has 16,500 miles on it mostly due to Covid and sheltering in place for the last 16 months. I know, I could sell/trade it in a heartbeat these days but I really do like the way it handles. 

As a sprightly late 60's woman, I'm so ready for this. 

Thank you again Mike, Carol, John, Seadog, and Cindy!

Pennie

Pennie-Welcome to the forum!

Your Colorado would be a fine TV for the smaller Elite. You didn't mention the payload capacity - so be aware of your limits. I believe your truck is the perfect  size for the smaller Oliver. Especially as a single traveler.

We are two and a dog - and find the EII plenty large enough, and actually believe the smaller Oliver would work for us - so a sprightly person would do well in the E-I.

Happy trails.

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

1 hour ago, csevel said:

Welcome to the forum! I too am an Oliver newbie.  I recently scored with a LE2 not an hour and a half away from home!  I'm not new to fiberglass or RVing but one of the things that makes owning these trailers, as I'm sure you've researched, is the resale value.  If you end up not liking your Oliver, you can almost certainly get all of your investment back!  The camaraderie and knowledge of this forum has already proven itself to me in my quest to fix minor things on my new ILOVHER! 

I owned my previous FG camper for ten years and I didn't know a thing.  I now consider myself pretty knowledgeable and many times, travel alone.  The empowerment is huge and when you have desire to learn, the sky's the limit!  I figure if I mess it up, I only have myself to blame!  This forum will be a handy tool in your quest to figure things out.  Again, welcome! 

Thank you for your warm welcome coeval! I have come to appreciate the community here in the short time since I joined. Clearly, many good people with boatloads of experience(s). I am sure I will be asking questions and hope to contribute as well as we go along. Thanks again. 

Pennie

1 hour ago, BackofBeyond said:

Pennie-Welcome to the forum!

Your Colorado would be a fine TV for the smaller Elite. You didn't mention the payload capacity - so be aware of your limits. I believe your truck is the perfect  size for the smaller Oliver. Especially as a single traveler.

We are two and a dog - and find the EII plenty large enough, and actually believe the smaller Oliver would work for us - so a sprightly person would do well in the E-I.

Happy trails.

RB

Hi RB! Thanks for the welcome and positive thoughts about towing the LE with my Colorado. My omission on the payload which is 1,387#s. When I started this search, I hunted down all the specs, some of which are (curiously) difficult to find. 

I believe the Colorado is perfect for the smaller LE, given my situation. It was one of the original reasons I bought it. 

Happy trails back at you!

Pennie

5 minutes ago, poliver said:

Thank you for your warm welcome coeval! I have come to appreciate the community here in the short time since I joined. Clearly, many good people with boatloads of experience(s). I am sure I will be asking questions and hope to contribute as well as we go along. Thanks again. 

6 minutes ago, poliver said:

Pennie

Pennie

Hi csevel! My apologies for misspelling your name. I need to be more mindful. 

Pennie

• Haha 1