About that dinette table

LisaC

Hello all!

I am planning to “retire” from my full time job in one year to travel the country in an Oliver LE2. I was able to visit a twin bed version here in Ohio but have not seen a standard layout yet. In a standard (king bed) layout, how squishy is it to squeeze between the corner of the dinette and the kitchen counter? I can’t find the measurements anywhere and I saw a YouTube video where the guy giving the tour specifically stayed away from the dinette. My goal is to take ownership in September 2022. I can hardly wait!

Lisa Choy

2022 Legacy Elite, solar package with lithionics batteries

hull#1241 OSerenity

TV : 2019 Ford F-150

AZCACOFLGAKSKYLAMONMNCOHSCTNTXVAWVmed.jp

• Moderators

There is zero difference between the two layouts relative to the space between the kitchen counter and the dinette.  The differences take place from the rear edge of the pantry to the rear of the Ollie.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thank you Bill,

I think I used the wrong words. I don’t mean the little dinette table. I mean the big table that turns into the king bed. I want to know how hard it is to squeeze into the u shaped dinette. 

Lisa Choy

hull#1241 OSerenity

Much depends on how much of you there is to squeeze in there 🙂

We have the standard bed setup.  I am 5'9" and carrying about 15# too much weight but have no trouble sliding into the dinette area from either side.  We recently had six adults around the table for dinner on a windy night in the Steens and there was room for a couple more.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Lol. I have a bit to squeeze. I guess I’ll have to visit one in person to figure it out. Thank you!

Lisa Choy

hull#1241 OSerenity

If you're able to see one in person and find that it is in fact too tight for you, you might consider replacing the fiberglass top with a wooden one that folds.  There are quite a few versions available out there for the boating crowd, and I think it would be a breeze to replace.  Maybe even Oliver would consider doing it for you in service when you pick up.

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 2:20 PM, Overland said:

If you're able to see one in person and find that it is in fact too tight for you, you might consider replacing the fiberglass top with a wooden one that folds.  There are quite a few versions available out there for the boating crowd, and I think it would be a breeze to replace.  Maybe even Oliver would consider doing it for you in service when you pick up.

Thank you for your help! 😁

Lisa Choy

hull#1241 OSerenity