Today, a Quick Connect!

csevel

I don't know about you, but my back isn't what it used to be and I'm not keen on bending/kneeling for longer than necessary.  Attaching water hoses on the Ollie is a little awkward at best.  I'm sure this is not a novel idea but I thought I'd share my new mod that will hopefully be faster and also save that crick in the back. 

I found a pack of 3 hose quick connects on Amazon and covers/dust caps for all of my hoses.  The covers/plugs are actually for tractors or skid steer hydraulic fittings.  It took me a few (let's say many) returns to get the right size ordered but I'm pleased with how they fit.  We'll see if they stay on to keep the road debris out.   The original chain caps can be used to plug the female ends of your basement stored hoses!

20210603_081146.jpg

20210602_154022.jpg

20210602_154102.jpg

20210603_081634.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 7

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"

Could you share links for the products and correct sizes that you ended up using? Thanks!

Cindy

• Like 2

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, csevel said:

Thanks for the links.  I think I’ll give them a try, easier set up and tear down is always a good thing.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Csevel

Nice find i just ordered a set. In 2019 Oliver  supplied a set of quick connects they didn’t last long always leaked. I also ordered the dust caps another nice find Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

I use quick disconnects on everything, all water hookups as well as my cable TV connections, I just purchased a Camco brass set on Amazon, 6 pairs and it did everything on the trailer plus and extras for future use. All my LP gas connections are also quick disconnect, grill, firepit, etc., which is pretty much the standard for LP gas connections. 

trainman

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

A big stone or piece of tire carcass thrown up by your trailer tires onto a QD fitting might break the whole thing clean off. Those three side connections are quite vulnerable, the rear winterization one is not. Install mudflaps on your Ollie and TV, they will completely protect those areas, and prevent stuff from ricocheting off the front of the bumper and onto your tail lights.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

8 hours ago, John E Davies said:

A big stone or piece of tire carcass thrown up by your trailer tires onto a QD fitting might break the whole thing clean off. Those three side connections are quite vulnerable, the rear winterization one is not. Install mudflaps on your Ollie and TV, they will completely protect those areas, and prevent stuff from ricocheting off the front of the bumper and onto your tail lights.

John Davies

Spokane WA

I love your mud flap install and have studied it.  Sadly, its out of my wheel house.  Maybe someday I'll find someone willing to duplicate and fabricate them as I think it is a much worthy mod!  For now, I'm not planning much off roading (although thats more my style) with ILOVHER.  As far as a blowout, I've had one in ten years and my opinion is the fiberglass in that area is more at risk for serious destruction.  At that end, my fittings are the least of my worries. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2021 at 9:09 AM, Trainman said:

I use quick disconnects on everything, all water hookups as well as my cable TV connections, I just purchased a Camco brass set on Amazon, 6 pairs and it did everything on the trailer plus and extras for future use. All my LP gas connections are also quick disconnect, grill, firepit, etc., which is pretty much the standard for LP gas connections. 

trainman

I honestly didn’t know there was a cable quick connect - I’d love to see

On 6/6/2021 at 6:14 AM, csevel said:

As far as a blowout, I've had one in ten years and my opinion is the fiberglass in that area is more at risk for serious destruction.  At that end, my fittings are the least of my worries. 

As far as blowouts go, I wasn’t referring to the trailer tires at all, rather a piece of tire carcass left in the highway that gets flipped up by the Ollie tires. Or a scrap of wood, or an actual carcass like the adult raccoon I ran over just last week. (No damage other than to the coon.) I agree that an LT tire exploding in your tire well will give you a whole lot more to worry about in terms of lost vacation time, towing cost and shop repairs... Got TPMS in your trailer?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.