A molded monocoque rv of a totally different style

SeaDawg

• Moderators

This was in Paul's feed this morning.

The company is based in Italy, 2 or 3 hours from his cousins.

It's a lovely design, with some great features  (heated floors! Pull down bed! And, look at the kitchen cabinets!) that i really like.

I saw another video made by a guy who was 6'2",  who could actually stand in the small but well designed marine bath shower. 

It's very small, but very pricey. 90k British pounds 

Is available in the USA, but I have no idea of us price.

https://www.motor1.com/news/511583/wingamm-oasi-540-mini-rv/

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I saw that too, and I requested a brochure and USA price list. Unfortunately the FWD Promaster chassis is pretty lame IMHO, possibly picked to lower the out-the-door price. If they started building on the Transit with its excellent safety features, available AWD and powerful engine, that would be way better for US customers. But a driven rear axle really complicates the layout of all the stuff underneath. I wonder how high the bed is, it seems like a bit of a climb when it is dropped down.

That is a very complete video tour, unfortunately they don’t talk about winter capability, the tanks hang off the truck frame and appear to be fully exposed. However on the company website they do show a camper covered in snow. But all its tanks may be dry 😜

One thing I definitely hate is the rear fiberglass storage compartment in place of a bumper. That would get trashed within a month, and it would be a very expensive repair. A stout bumper like on an Ollie is needed.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

They have other campers sold in Europe,  on their usa website, "coming soon "

I saw the low hanging drain line. 

This is more if a European camper, narrow for city streets. Probably not narrow enough for some of the places we've driven in Italy...

But, oh, it's beautiful. 

The bed is actually  an inch wider than the one in our Elite.  

And, I  love the table .

If I  just wanted a really lovely design to go campground to campground,  or driveway to driveway, this could fill the bill.

We need 4 x 4.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Email reply:

“Thank you for your interest in Wingamm! We intend to have showrooms in Los Angeles and New Jersey with pop-ups around the country over the next 12 months. We are now close to having our first model,  the Wingamm Oasi 540,  available in the fall of 2021 to purchase in America. Other models will follow in 2022. If you’re interested in purchasing a Wingamm, we have created a formal interest list for the Oasi 540. We expect the sales price to be in the range of $120,000 to $125,000.   To be added to the waiting list, please click on this link and complete the form: Oasi 540 Waiting List.  We expect to have limited production in 2021 so don’t wait to sign up! “

Here is the brochure they sent me. Water tanks are insulated and heated. House battery is a single lithium 100 AH.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Wingamm540Manual.pdf

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I think the single 100 ah is enough for many people.  I'm sure others would disagree.

125k is probably above the price of a new Elite, plus new  capable TV.

Other minuses. No screen door. No ac, unless added. (Many European campers do not include ac, to stay beneath the weight limits.)

IF I were travel camping alone, camp ground to campground,  I  think I'd find this easy to deal with. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

13 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

I think the single 100 ah is enough for many people.  I'm sure others would disagree.

125k is probably above the price of a new Elite, plus new  capable TV.

Other minuses. No screen door. No ac, unless added. (Many European campers do not include ac, to stay beneath the weight limits.)

IF I were travel camping alone, camp ground to campground,  I  think I'd find this easy to deal with. 

It looks really cool.  But No payload no towing cap. Fwd. just another grocery getter at best.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

Way back in the day, we used a molded fiberglass class c, modified, as a demonstration vehicle for business machines. Born free is no longer in business,  sadly. 

This could fill the gap bornfree left, for some people. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 hours ago, Landrover said:

It looks really cool.  But No payload no towing cap. Fwd. just another grocery getter at best.

Those specs are listed in the brochure, I don’t recall the numbers, they were in kg.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1