Elite2 2021 vs 2022

Kitalexi

Good morning- 

We ordered a 2022 Oliver with pick up date in December- yesterday we got a call asking if we would take a 2021 with an earlier pick up date. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the differences. Some features are now standard on the 2022 but the base price is higher and when we add all our upgrades in  we would save a nice chunk of money by going with the 2021.

We are wondering if the fridge, AC unit, Heater and stove,  is the same and if the upgrade awning is the Girrard. Thanks for any input!

• Moderators

Given that there is always change in models that does not necessarily happen all at one time, the only way to be certain of the answers to your questions would be to ask your sales rep at Oliver.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Saving $$ is always good. I can't see any reason a 2022 is all that better than the 2021. 

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

There are a few major upgrades that some of us have been hoping for, but there has not been any confirmation as to when they would be available... For example, heavier axles on the LE2 with a disk brake option, or a better heating system (Alde hydronic!).  Or a new bigger model LE3. You can’t delay your life and your plans too long in the hope that a new feature might pop up. Just go for the 2021, and enjoy your extra time camping.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

We are really leaning to the 2021 and agree that you can't wait for the next best thing...just wondering if the options on 2022 that we initially committed to are much better. We are planning to make this out last camper so would like it right the first time. Thank you for the replies!

If Oliver is finally ditching the Dometic Penguin II turbojet air conditioner for a quieter model in 2022 - I would suggest you wait.

Resale might also be higher on a one year newer model, if travel trailers are anything like cars and trucks on the used market. 

That's a great point. I finally realized that the University site had the 2021 manual so I can do all my comparisons that way. Will check on theAC although it's not something we use regularly since we tend to go into the mountains.

We have ordered a 2022 LEII and were also asked if we would like an earlier delivery date.  This opportunity arose in connection with the introduction of the Platinum Solar option, which we declined.  We were being asked if we would consider trading delivery dates with someone ahead of us in the queue, who might want the Platinum Solar option, not available until October, 2021. 

One significant advantage I see in the 202 model LEII is the no-lube Dexter axles.  I was told this feature would be available only on the 2022 models.  Thus, I declined the possibility of an earlier delivery date, and held to our January 7, 2022 date.  Avoiding the PITA of having to clean and pack wheel bearings every year seems worth the wait.

• Like 2

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

FYI a replacement Nev-R-Lube bearing assembly itself is extraordinarily expensive and it may require a hydraulic press to install it. So in the event of a failure you will need a tow and a professional automotive or machine shop to fix it - unlike a regular bearing design that can be replaced by a skilled owner with hand tools. A tow will be covered by your roadside assistance insurance, but down time and mental anguish will be high and the shop will charge maybe $100 for labor. You can buy a mechanical puller and do it if you feel capable. Most owners would not be….

http://www.dexterpartsonline.com/files/2036913/uploaded/Nev-R-Lube Bearings.pdf

If the failure is catastrophic, it will trash your brake and perhaps your axle. If you camp in the West in remote areas, the NevR Lube bearings are a huge liability. Some RV shops won’t work on them. They DO fail. If you get this kind of axle, buy and carry a spare bearing, because the parts are not commonly found everywhere. The only way I would want this setup is with disk brakes that have slip on rotors. That way you can carry a complete spare hub assembly and change it yourself in half an hour, and then get the failed bearing replaced at your leisure.

A80EC6BD-3318-4832-8114-2687ED51E688.thumb.jpeg.c9a2607d26e07aa7b91cc10d9d63c540.jpeg

Google “Nev-R-Lube bearing failure”. PS, don’t overload your axles. Do use a TPMS so you will get a heat warning in time.

C93DD29E-EECD-4266-86DE-BC5B97161173.jpeg.33e28a37fcd6c61c699d2e4c1f685d8f.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Before finding my one-owner (one 1200 mile trip) 2020 unit I was in the same situation. 

If you are buying a fully optioned unit the price change really isn’t that dramatic, they just bundled everything. 

The major changes were the new axles and mandatory dual awnings, and Lithium upgrade options. If they were replacing the AC I’d wait in a heartbeat, but otherwise getting an extra season made it worth buying a 2020 for me. 

• Like 1

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country