Today's Mod..a simple backsplash

csevel

I decided to brighten up the area behind the sink by adding a nice backsplash in a brushed steel finish.  I bought the backsplash at Menards but they are available on Amazon.  They come in a variety of finishes.  I used two packs.  The beauty was in the peel and stick feature.  They are about a foot long and can be cut with a jig saw.. Although I used a dremel cutoff wheel which worked fabulous.  I also used a sanding tip on the dremel to finish the edges nicely.  The area to the left of the sink was tricky and slightly uneven so I used a good glue and leveled that area first.  I plan to seal with clear silicone on the top and bottom edges.  I'm pleased with the result! 

20210616_195118.jpg

20210616_195148.jpg

20210616_194718.jpg

20210616_195436.jpg

Edited by csevel
Added content
  • Like 6

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"

9 hours ago, Kevin and Theresa said:

Hello!  That looks super! I love my Dremel.  Is that Hempz lotion I see back there? It's one of my favorites! 

Thank you!  The lotion is a 99 cent knockoff... Im nearly broke after my mod fever! 

• Moderators

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

4 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

It's metal and is actually this one SeaDawg:  

https://www.menards.com/main/kitchen/backsplashes-wall-tiles/aspect-trade-12-5-x-4-peel-stick-metal-matted-subway-backsplash-tiles-3-pk/a9550/p-1444423160811-c-8163.htm?searchTermToProduct=5179777

There were three different designs in the nickel finish.  I am really happy with it so far.  We'll see how it holds up bumbling down the road.  The adhesive was really strong.   I decided to use construction adhesive to the left of the sink and cut the tile at a slight angle for the corner.  I'm hoping I don't ever have to remove the fridge as this piece will be destroyed and the rest have to come down! 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, csevel said:

I'm hoping I don't ever have to remove the fridge as this piece will be destroyed and the rest have to come down! 

I don't see a problem with removing the fridge in the future. With our former dometic, I think there were two trim panels, top and bottom, that had to be removed , then some screws on the face of the fridge cabinet. I don't remember anything in the sides that would mess with your new tile. I hope not, anyway. You did a lovely job on the installation. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

14 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

I don't see a problem with removing the fridge in the future. With our former dometic, I think there were two trim panels, top and bottom, that had to be removed , then some screws on the face of the fridge cabinet. I don't remember anything in the sides that would mess with your new tile. I hope not, anyway. You did a lovely job on the installation. 

Thanks for the compliment!  Just as I did with the Casita, I have mod fever and it's steadily draining my camping funds!  I wish that I had some of the skill set that a number of members here have!  Good to know about the fridge.  I was starting to worry about my Casita and it's removal as the rear window has to come out to replace it! If I only had to tear a backsplash out, that would be a lesser worry! 

12 hours ago, csevel said:

I decided to brighten up the area behind the sink by adding a nice backsplash in a brushed steel finish.  I bought the backsplash at Menards but they are available on Amazon.  They come in a variety of finishes.  I used two packs.  The beauty was in the peel and stick feature.  They are about a foot long and can be cut with a jig saw.. Although I used a dremel cutoff wheel which worked fabulous.  I also used a sanding tip on the dremel to finish the edges nicely.  The area to the left of the sink was tricky and slightly uneven so I used a good glue and leveled that area first.  I plan to seal with clear silicone on the top and bottom edges.  I'm pleased with the result! 

20210616_195118.jpg

20210616_195148.jpg

20210616_194718.jpg

20210616_195436.jpg

Where did you find the corner drainer? I've not seen one like this. I have a full sink roll up drain similar to this at home. Looking for something small for the Ollie.

Thanks,

Cindy

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

15 minutes ago, Time2Go! said:

Where did you find the corner drainer? I've not seen one like this. I have a full sink roll up drain similar to this at home. Looking for something small for the Ollie.

Thanks,

Cindy

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/Triangle-Resistant-Silicone-Stainless-17-5x9-2/dp/B07VPCY4G5&ved=2ahUKEwj2t7SH7p7xAhXjdc0KHTBaC0wQFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw2XaMSdaDT9MslphA_bHQAF