Ac unit

Landrover

Has anyone seen The Dometic  RTX 2000 12volt ac unit? Any thoughts reviews I watched some You tube on them not much info just on installation. Although checking the price $2.700  yikes. 

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

I was waiting for a long time for a good 12v unit, then settled on the smaller Houghton for our 2008.

I spoke at length with a friend in the yacht industry about the 12v units. The power consumption is just too high for our small battery bank, so we went with the 110 .

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Many of the 24v marine systems use a keel cooler line, extracting cool from the water below. That's not possible,  obviously,  with a trailer. 

I'm ok with what we chose. I would have preferred one of the European inverter compressor units, but, well, they're not here, yet. Who knows when. I couldn't really wait for another few years, and be able to adjust my bigger sidemount panels. I'm good with what we have, now.

Edit to add: we don't have ac on the big sailboat. We just usually don't sail in hot weather. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.