#837 heading home

• Moderators

The water heater is usually much less sensitive than the fridge  

Did you use the stove? Sounds like bad gas (rare), or air in the line, to me. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I had an issue with "dirty" gas a few months ago. Or, maybe a bad mix. Went from just about zero ft elevation in Florida,  to 3000 ft in north carolina. 

Propane mix is also different in different regions. 

If you had issues with two appliances, I'd be looking at gas, and regulator.  Easy to buy a local blue rhino, or refill a tank at a trusted local source,  and see if local gas mix fixes the issues.

The stove will run on just about anything. Its a big supply tube, and a larger orifice than the fridge. Ditto on the water heater, though more sensitive than the stove

But, if the mix is wrong, or dirty, if you pay attention,  you'll see some yellow and orange tips on the flame on the cooktop. If it's an airlock, you'll see some sputter. 

We've had both norcold and dometic three ways over the years. The nircold was more sensitive to altitude change than the dometic, but I actually liked the norcold better. Can't comment on current models, as it's been a long time since we had a norcold 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We only have one tank connected and the valve was open  all the way.  Its been too hot to check since we got home but we left it running on propane since we got home and today the tank regulator showed red and no gas was getting into the trailer but the tank was still almost full.  Hopefully service returns our call soon

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

• Moderators

@Donna and Scott, it usually works faster to open a service ticket on the home section of the website.

If you have gas in the tank, but are getting none to the stove, try turning the valve to off. Then, after a bit, very slowly turn the valve to full open, and try again, first with the biggest supply, the stove. It can take a few seconds, but you should hear the gas in the stove. 

It's possible that you have a problem  with the regulator, but more likely an air lock in the line.

Did the fridge ever run on gas?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

And, check your battery voltage on the seelevel. The fridge will lockout at low battery level, on dc or propane.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Frig was working fine while parked on propane until today.  It may be air in the line but after a week there shouldn't be. But sin e the regulator said the tank was empty and yet the tank is still heavy to pick up it may be the regulator.

• Moderators

No, not likely air. Possibly dirty gas, or regulator. 

Is the trailer plugged in at home? What is your battery voltage? (I keep asking, because this happened to me once in the early days )

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Donna and Scott

I was reading about propane gas tank valves while researching camp stove. That site was recommending to not turn the tank valve on all the way. With a gas flow problem, they recommended turning the tank valve completely off then only turning the valve on one full turn (and not more than that).

Good luck.

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• 1 month later...

We have found when there are wind gusts of 25 or more will hauling down the road the gas to refrigerator doesn't stay regular. Then once frig shuts off of gas and it isnt on auto it cant reset.  Most of the time it is not an issue but now when hauling we have it on auto so frozen items dont start thawing. When parked we run on gas

We picked up 833 on June 25th, While traveling I left the fridge on auto and it ran on propane just fine, I experimented with manual set on propane and experienced the fail code as you have experienced! With the fridge set on auto and the gas turned off it selected DC while traveling and we noticed the temperature rose to the point that the frozen food was starting to thaw so you may want to leave the fridge on auto and the gas on when traveling or purchase a 12V compressor fridge to keep perishable items in! Just my experience, hope this helps.

So far all the systems on the olie have worked as intended. good luck and safe travels.

Hull 833

2019 F250 6.2L