Wannabe Ollie Owner

Hi Ollie owners. My name is Fred, and i just happened upon Oliver Travel Trailers last week. I've joined the forum to find out all I can about them. I currently camp and boondock in a converted 6 x 13 V-nose enclosed cargo trailer which I bought new in 2016 when I retired. I did all the conversion work myself, and it is fully outfitted with all the creature comforts. It was a fun project, but it is a camper for one. I recently married, and it is not suited for two. My wife and I plan to visit the factory and see an Elite II when we pass through Tennessee next month. Until then I will soak up all I can from the forum. 

20200201_110923.jpg

• Like 1

I think you will be pleased with what you see at the Oliver factory, good luck and safe travels.  Where is home base?

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum, Fred.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

22 hours ago, Maverick said:

I think you will be pleased with what you see at the Oliver factory, good luck and safe travels.  Where is home base?

Thanks Maverick. I am currently in Baton Rouge LA where I have lived and worked for 44 years. I am selling my house and most contents to move to Little Rock AR where my new wife has a home. That will be "home base" in a few months.

Welcome Fred!  I too am from Baton Rouge - Geaux Tigers! (LSU and Tara grad  LOL).  We started our journey looking into Oliver early this year...Had a great factory tour in April - and bit the bullet.  Now waiting for an October delivery.  Safe travels and enjoy your trip - it's a beautiful part of the country!  This forum is great - so much experience and ready to share and help.

Laissez le bon temps rouler in an Oliver  LOL!

• Like 1

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, Jim and Frances said:

Welcome Fred!  I too am from Baton Rouge - Geaux Tigers! (LSU and Tara grad  LOL).  We started our journey looking into Oliver early this year...Had a great factory tour in April - and bit the bullet.  Now waiting for an October delivery.  Safe travels and enjoy your trip - it's a beautiful part of the country!  This forum is great - so much experience and ready to share and help.

Laissez le bon temps rouler in an Oliver  LOL!

Hi there, haven't been on the forum in a while. Didn't make the trip this summer when I could have made the factory tour. I couldn't wait and placed my order in July for delivery in May. Will make factory tour before selecting upgrades. I'd like to see yours when it arrives.

Geaux Tigers 👍

• Like 2

• Moderators

Congratulations,  Fred. The countdown begins!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:10 AM, fredinlittlerock said:

Hi there, haven't been on the forum in a while. Didn't make the trip this summer when I could have made the factory tour. I couldn't wait and placed my order in July for delivery in May. Will make factory tour before selecting upgrades. I'd like to see yours when it arrives.

Geaux Tigers 👍

No problem at all...we are scheduled for pick up end of October and would be happy to show you when we get back.  Prayers for you given Ida - you and Lake Chuck just can't get a break weather wise.

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7