Anderson "No sway hitch" on a lifted truck

So we purchased the Anderson hitch up grade and I got to wondering. We have installed a 3" Titan xd lift kit on our van. (it's the same truck frame). Has anybody towed with a lifted vehicle and the anderson hitch? Will we need an extra drop down ?  The picture is before the lift and bigger tires but my xterra does have a lift and it tows behind it fine. I guess I should clarify - no lift van to lifted nissan - so lifted van to no lift oliver with the anderson hitch -  will it work?

There is no reason that it won’t work fine, you can use Andersen’s fit guide to calculate how much drop you will need, they sell these kits with a 4” and 8” drop/ rise. And it is possible to cut off excess material if it sticks down (or up) further than you like. I removed a couple of inches with a hand hacksaw from my 4” drop setup…. it is just mild steel.

B201483D-8B40-4D47-A425-F7CD3F722052.thumb.jpeg.0e3b53a38cec655b0bf726577aa7d462.jpeg

E6D6891F-3E9B-4E09-BB28-313E752819CE.thumb.jpeg.357061b74caff0aeaaef6f00e8d9acbb.jpeg

http://download25.mediafire.com/pp4s6bkqjheg/fhaushj8nvexsvx/WD+Hitch+Fitment+Guide+2021.pdf

If you do need the 8” version you should coordinate with Service to make sure they have one when you take delivery. My bet is the 4” will be fine. I like your Xterra, it looks very capable.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Nice tow vehicle.  I’ve been considering a 4WD conversion/lifted NV3500 as a possible future tow vehicle for our Oliver.   There’s a dealer in Utah that offers the conversion using Nissan Titan parts.  Would allow for some off road exploring after dropping off the Ollie at a campground.   

7D802CFB-D32F-4D20-8662-F6CAC8B02964.jpeg

Hi Frank, Thank you. Yes, we bought from Tim Dahle. They put the 4x4 in it. (It's covered under the warranty.) We added the lift and the Avatar Metal works bumper with winch after that picture.  The winch is part of  our self recovery gear. The fact that its a  3500 and on the titan truck frame is great!  There is so much room it it. Unfortunately , Nissan has decided to stop making them this year. People are going crazy driving the prices up on them. I think whats left on Tim Dahls Lot are spoken for.

• Like 1