Truma AquaGo Comfort Not Staying Powered, No Error Code

We have a 2018 Elite II, Hull 374.

Two trips ago, it seemed like the Truma AquaGo Comfort wasn't firing immediately, as it seemed like it would take longer than usual to get hot water. This most recent trip, we could never get it to work and, unfortunately, it's not giving an error code to help diagnose the issue.

When the power switch is on and we've turned on the dial inside, then call for water, the AquaGo will make a humming noise and then a fan noise. At that point, it seems to turn itself off, resets, then makes a humming noise, fan noise, resets, on and on. I had my wife turn the faucet on and off so I could see what the Truma was doing from the access panel. The green power light stays on through the humming and fan noise, then shuts off and the Truma seems to reset. I couldn't see any wires disconnected and the other gas appliances are working fine. I also tried disconnecting the propane tanks and then reconnecting them in case there was a vapor lock or something like that.

I called Truma this morning and they told me I should take it in to an RV Repair shop. 🙂 They're apparently unable to help without an error code. I also left a message with Oliver today, so we'll see what they say.

The only possibly-related issue is that I recently had to replace both inline fuses up on the roof in order to get the solar panels working again but I can't see how that would have affected the water heater unless there was a surge that fried something in the water heater's electronics.

Anyone dealt with anything like this?

Thanks for any ideas! 

Adam

2018 Legacy Elite II

2019 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 

If the green light is going off, then it must be losing power; which, I suppose, would account for there being no error code.  But why it would lose power so consistently is beyond me.  You could try unplugging the remote cable to see if the remote is to blame.  

Thanks Overland. I just tried that and it still cycled on and off. Oliver also called back and didn't really have any suggestions.

I ought to check the wiring - maybe it's shutting itself off because it's detecting something awry.

2018 Legacy Elite II

2019 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 

I would think that if it detected a problem that it would give a code.  Check the wiring for sure, but if I had to guess at this point, I’d say it’s probably the control board, which is a cinch to replace if you could somehow verify that’s the problem. Maybe try cutting the power to the unit by pulling the fuse - that might reboot the control board. Can’t hurt. 

• Like 1

You mentioned a possibility of a vaper lock in the propane line. Did you try starting up the stove to confirm that you have good propane delivery?

I am surprised that Truma was not more helpful.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine