Condensation problems with fiberglass walls?

AuthorSP

15 hours ago, Jim_Oker said:

I got this base station plus two fridge/freezer sensors and 4 temperature/humidity sensors. It will support up to 8 sensors. 

https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-WS-08-8-Channel-Thermo-Hygrometer/dp/B00EW369VK

Did you get a different sensor for the fridge/freezer, not the F007TH?  I don't see one specifically for refrigerators unless you mean the F007TH that does not read humidity.  Price is the same as the F007TH. 

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Did you get a different sensor for the fridge/freezer,

I’m not sure which model I got. I got the same for both and it doesn’t read humidity (which is fine by me)

the ones I got let you to put the probes into the fridge and freezer and keep the unit with the radio that reports back to the base in one of the adjacent drawers. 

• Thanks 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

I owned a Casita for nearly ten years before my ILOVHER in the Midwest and I never had any moisture problems or odors with the carpeted walls.   Any condensation was usually found on the single paned windows during cold weather.  The carpet stayed very clean and never was musty although I rarely cooked in her.   As others have said.. Airflow, Heat and/or A/C usage along and with Damprid are needed in most RVs. 

• Like 3

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, Jim_Oker said:

Yeah, good tip. I decided to just pay for the convenience to reduce the number of things I would  be doing myself to get the trailer tuned for our first  camping outings. I also priced getting good quality custom fit latex mattresses from a reputable local mattress place and found that the Oliver option was actually way less $$ believe it or not. 

Provided that my wife sees it the same way,  we should be ordering our Oliver in the next six weeks as we will have an in-office meeting with our financial planner then.  The planner has already given the green light.   After we get it we should pick your brains about how to best use it here in the PNW (Oregon)  as you have already dealt with the same issues in Washington. 

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, John Welte said:

Provided that my wife sees it the same way,  we should be ordering our Oliver in the next six weeks as we will have an in-office meeting with our financial planner then.  The planner has already given the green light.   After we get it we should pick your brains about how to best use it here in the PNW (Oregon)  as you have already dealt with the same issues in Washington. 

We also live in Oregon, near enough to the coast that humidity is higher than the Valley and east of the Cascades.  Moisture doesn't seem to be a problem when the trailer is parked at home.  We leave it well ventilated and monitor humidity.  We have a Damp-rid hanging dehumidifier in the closet that seems to be extracting a lot of moisture.

Initially, I was concerned about excessive condensation, reading posts of various situations.  When we traveled home from Tennessee to Oregon during sub-zero weather, we had little sign of moisture other than the usual morning condensation on the inside of the windows.  We find that ventilation and air circulation to be the best deterrents.  Know that moisture is more problematic when the trailer is occupied.  The amount of time spent inside will increase humidity as does cooking and showering; definitely open windows and use the Maxxair fan on exhaust during these activities.  also, leave a window cracked and the fan on low speed at night.

We purchased an electric dehumidifier, but haven't found it necessary most of the time.  We'll probably use it during colder weather, along with heat, when the trailer is unused.  It could certainly be used while camping, but would be a bit of a bother.   I wouldn't purchase one yet; wait and see how it goes.

We have this one and it works very well.  Super quiet in case you do find it necessary to run it at night, while sleeping.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had serious condensation issues the first winter I had my Ollie because I spend every weekend at a ski resort in very sub freezing temps (as low as -15). BUT, the is my first foray into RV camping, so didn't know diddly about it. NOW, I've got it totally dialed in. No more condensation EVER, regardless of the outside temp, or how much I shower or cook. I believe I've shared all my tips and tricks on my Profile page or some post somewhere (Lessons Learned from a Beginner or something like that)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2018 Elite

TV - Audi Q5 3.0 TDI