Exterior Propane Stove

dewdev

I am looking for an  exterior 2 burner propane stove that I can connect to the Oliver quick disconnect fitting. (Oliver tells me a stove without a pressure regulator is required since Oliver already has a pressure regulator in the system at their tanks). The propane gas at the Oliver quick disconnect has a pressure of 11" of water column (low pressure).

I have only found propane stoves that have a pressure regulator between the stove and either a 16 oz or 20 pound propane bottle/tank, which is a high pressure system.

What kind of exterior stoves do other Oliver owners use that can connect to the Oliver quick disconnect fitting?

Also what kind of hose is used between stove and the quick disconnect?

Thanks

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators

I have a Weber Q1000 that I use with our quick connect.  It came with a regulator that I removed and replaced with a quick connect fitting.  I also have a Blackstone grill that came with a propane hose with a regulator.  I bought a propane hose that has a quick connect on one end and a screw in connector on the other end.  So, if I want to use either with the Oliver quick connect I use a hose with no regulator.  If I want to use either with a separate propane tank I use a hose with the regulator.  Propane Guys have a nice selection of hoses and Amazon also has a decent selection.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I thought that Camp Chef had some low pressure stoves but their product line is so confusing now that I don’t know for sure. I had the same problem when we got our trailer and just ended up with a Partner Steel stove and added a tee off of one of the propane tanks to use it. But that was kind of cumbersome so I started just using the green cylinders with it. In fact, I soon realized that the cylinders were easier than running hoses so I started using them with our grill, too, and the only thing that we use the quick connects for these days is our fire pit. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Our quick connection is in the bumper cavity in our 2008. 

Last trip, a bird tried to build a nest in the open door cavity. Scared the heck out of me when I  lit the grill one day , flying past my ear. Can't imagine how scared the bird was  

I may go back to the green bottles, like Overland. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We’ve been using a refillable one gallon tank for a long time with our stove and portable grill. We keep a few green cylinders handy as backup and for when we’re using both grill and stove at the same time. We’re often using these far enough from our camper that I wouldn’t want to run a long hose and I wouldn’t want to be constrained to be close enough to the camper to use the built in quick connect.

• Like 2

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

I have been reading about the  Camp Chef Ranger II 2-Burner Stove works on RV Low pressure.  You will just need to get a flared female to quick connect male fitting. I just ordered one from Cabelas for $120 (shipping free).  I will post how it works for heating up a pan of water.    

Here is a good review for a 3 burner: https://popupbackpacker.com/champ-chef-ranger-iii-stove-almost-perfect/   The 2 burner is the same exact design as the 3 burner only 2 burners and 10 lbs lighter.

• Like 2

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

I have a Coleman Road Trip grill. The regulator is separate and screws into the grill. I ordered a 12' quick connect hose with an adapter that connects to the regulator fitting. You can get multiple accessories including a cook top for skillets and pots. It does take a while to get a 5 qt pot of water to boil.   

Bill Thomas 2019 Elite II Hull # 534

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500

We use a Weber Q1200 with a grill grate on one side and a cast iron griddle on the other.  We removed the regulator and replaced it with a Torjik adapter and 15' hose.  We put it on a collapsible aluminum table with adjustable legs.  Works perfectly for just the two of us.  Once you season it properly, you can use the griddle for about anything you would use a frypan for.  If you are entertaining and take the griddle off to make it a full grate it will comfortably accommodate 10 fat brats.  Did that yesterday while cooking other stuff on my full size Weber in our back yard.  Ran the fridge in the Ollie off LP so we had access to cold drinks and watermelon without having to go into the house.  The grandsons had a table and chairs set up under the awning pretending they were camping.  Good times.

We only use the stove in the trailer for coffee, oatmeal, soup, pasta, etc.  Things that will not leave a greasy film all over everything.  

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

1 hour ago, LongStride said:

We use a Weber Q1200 with a grill grate on one side and a cast iron griddle on the other.  We removed the regulator and replaced it with a Torjik adapter and 15' hose.  We put it on a collapsible aluminum table with adjustable legs.  Works perfectly for just the two of us.  Once you season it properly, you can use the griddle for about anything you would use a frypan for.  If you are entertaining and take the griddle off to make it a full grate it will comfortably accommodate 10 fat brats.  Did that yesterday while cooking other stuff on my full size Weber in our back yard.  Ran the fridge in the Ollie off LP so we had access to cold drinks and watermelon without having to go into the house.  The grandsons had a table and chairs set up under the awning pretending they were camping.  Good times.

We only use the stove in the trailer for coffee, oatmeal, soup, pasta, etc.  Things that will not leave a greasy film all over everything.  

I have been looking for a good collapsible table, do you happen to know the manufacture of the table.

Pretty sturdy for what it is.  Holds my grill just fine, but I don't think I would want to put too much more weight on it.  Like so many things these days, if you are gentle with it you can make it last.  

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 1.32.45 PM.png

• Like 1

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

1 hour ago, LongStride said:

Pretty sturdy for what it is.  Holds my grill just fine, but I don't think I would want to put too much more weight on it.  Like so many things these days, if you are gentle with it you can make it last.  

Looks good! We have the REI roll up table -  I wish it had that extra mesh netting. 

• Like 1

We bought a Weber 1200 and did the mod to allow it to work off the Oliver QC.  We also got a Camp Chef stove and put a 3/8 inch 1/4 inch QC male flared fitting on it to connect to the Oliver QC.   I do enjoy like using QC connections front and rear.  

• Like 2

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

We have a Camp Chef Pro 30 Single Burner 14" system with the 14" BBQ Box and it also has a separate 14" griddle accessory.
This is a native LOW pressure burner system and works perfectly with the pressures supplied by the Oliver Regulators.

We connect to the quick connects with a hose we bought that connects to the CampChef's flare fitting (near the burner end), The other end is the quick connect which can be plugged into the Oliver Quick Connect or to extra extension hoses.
The camp chef ships with a hose and regulator that can be connected to the high pressure port of a propane canister.
We carry that regulator along with us in case we want to go PORTABLE with the system and cook somewhere far away from the trailer.

Pictured Below:
Camp Chef Pro 30 , 14" BBQ Box, Quick Connect Hose, Regulator for Portable Propane Use

Camp Chef Pro30 with 16" BBQ Box Accessory1307780685_ScreenShot2021-07-06at7_43_53AM.png.e76e1868c84f4d714a38927e10aa65cc.pngRegulator that ships with Camp Chef

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2021 at 9:52 AM, Galway Girl said:

We have a Camp Chef Pro 30 Single Burner 14" system with the 14" BBQ Box and it also has a separate 14" griddle accessory.
This is a native LOW pressure burner system and works perfectly with the pressures supplied by the Oliver Regulators.

We connect to the quick connects with a hose we bought that connects to the CampChef's flare fitting (near the burner end), The other end is the quick connect which can be plugged into the Oliver Quick Connect or to extra extension hoses.
The camp chef ships with a hose and regulator that can be connected to the high pressure port of a propane canister.
We carry that regulator along with us in case we want to go PORTABLE with the system and cook somewhere far away from the trailer.

Pictured Below:
Camp Chef Pro 30 , 14" BBQ Box, Quick Connect Hose, Regulator for Portable Propane Use

Camp Chef Pro30 with 16" BBQ Box Accessory1307780685_ScreenShot2021-07-06at7_43_53AM.png.e76e1868c84f4d714a38927e10aa65cc.pngRegulator that ships with Camp Chef

Hello,

I have a the two burner Explorer from Camp Chef.  I bought the propane hose that you have  pictured.  Do you have to modify the flare fitting on the end to fit the camp chef?  When looking at the grill, it seems like the hose with the regulator is permanently attached.  Did you have an issue getting that hose off and attaching the hose that will connect to the quick connects on the camper?  Getting my Oliver on Friday and I am trying to have everything ready to go. 🙂

Thanks!

I bought the Camp Chef 2 burner this summer, and it works great. you need to quick connect fitting with a Female pipe thread, and a quick connect hose.  The regulator will screw right off, leaving a male 1/4 in pipe thread I believe.  The quick connect fitting will end up sticking out about 2" inches from the side on the stove.