Potential Resource relative to Boondocking Questions

I am providing a resource I met when he checked in here at my RV Park. For those of you that like to rip peoples heads off I would ask that you refrain from mentioning me or this post as I will be doing business with this company and referring him work as well down the road. For the rest of us that are not experts, or already committed to one particular system yet while we try to figure out what solar system we want for our Olivers that have yet to be built, this is a very interesting resource with great questions and answers that I find easy to understand and refreshingly informative so I am sharing it with you all.

BoonDoctor.com

Happy Trails

Dan

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I think Chris/boondoctor would fit right in here with the rest of us solar nerds. I'd love to see his install with the Tesla s modules.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I am glad you two see it this way, Thanks for fixing the link Overland. He is professional, and easy to talk to..... still made my brain hurt but that is not his fault 😉

FYI He is booked solid through Feb of 2022 as of todays date. 

I am going to use RV parks my first year with the Ollie (I pick up in October) and if I get the off grid bug then He is my choice to do a full install because what I just witnessed in person was the best functioning solar system I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few in person here because sooner or later you all have to dump your tanks.

The Tesla Batteries are impressive relative to the space they fit in and being next to his heat duct is Genius in my opinion. Standing under both of his AC's pumping cold air was impressive as well and no he was not plugged in he was at my Gas Pump in 98 degree weather.  His rough quote for a full install is 14K with a large possible swing in either direction depending on the end result of course. I'm sure some of you have questions but direct them towards him not me I have shared all I know with you here.

Happy Trails

Dan

• Thanks 1

If you have him do something for you, then by all means please post photos.  I'd love to see a truly professional install like that in an Ollie (though some owners lately have really raised the game).  I've heard that someone had AM Solar do an install, but nothing more than rumor and definitely no photos.  I'm sure we'd all learn a lot.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, fairmontrvpark said:

If I do I will Overland.  I never rush into things so it will be next year so I know exactly what to tell him I want after spending time in the rig.

That’s a smart plan..

And, exactly why I  often suggest just solar, not a bunch of upgrades, to people who are new to camping and "think" they want to live the boondocking dream.

It's easy to overspend when you have no idea of your real needs.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I think Chris/boondoctor would fit right in here with the rest of us solar nerds. I'd love to see his install with the Tesla s modules.

Dan, feel free to invite him to join this forum.  He appears to have a great deal of expertise that might benefit all of us.  Plus, if I needed an install I would definitely talk to him.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS