Oops, check out page 58

ShallowGal

• Moderators

Looks like they used 3 different LE2’s for the interior pictures.

Nice catch, I probably would have missed that,

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

I didn't know whether to hit the laugh or cry emoji.

Major oops!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Ummm, I wonder what is being said over on the Escape forums….  

I don't think anyone there has noticed.... yet. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

At least they  didn't use the Oliver  specs...

A friend recently  ordered one  of those Escape 5th wheels. I  wish I liked their  trailers  as  much  as I like the Oliver as it would  have been convenient for  me to buy from  someone just 5 hours' drive from  me instead of from  TN. 

• Like 2

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

In case somebody doesn’t know what is going on….

DDFDE264-8CE3-4CD5-B82B-3F80FAEDD510.thumb.jpeg.1e4e694235efe79ab3af01253b4c8ae2.jpeg

I really like that Escape mini fiver in concept, but who wants to give up 75% of his in bed storage when the trailer storage volume and payload is so limited? Not me. And what happened to the second axle in that bottom pic? I thought all of these were tandems.

That is a really lame magazine, full of hastily researched cut and paste information - not enough content and too many full page pictures. The Aqua-Hot article (hydronic heating) has a glaring mistake, they claim it uses the same non-toxic antifreeze as your engine’s radiator and that you use for winterization of the plumbing.  They did say in that article that the RV industry is “transitioning away from propane”. Is that correct? If so, that is the first I have heard of that welcome trend.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

DDFDE264-8CE3-4CD5-B82B-3F80FAEDD510.thumb.jpeg.1e4e694235efe79ab3af01253b4c8ae2.jpeg

I really like that Escape mini fiver in concept, but who wants to give up 75% of his in bed storage when the trailer storage volume and payload is so limited? Not me. And what happened to the second axle in that bottom pic? I thought all of these were tandems.

That is a really lame magazine, full of hastily researched cut and paste information - not enough content and too many full page pictures. The Aqua-Hot article (hydronic heating) has a glaring mistake, they claim it uses the same non-toxic antifreeze as your engine’s radiator and that you use for winterization of the plumbing.  They did say in that article that the RV industry is “transitioning away from propane”. Is that correct? If so, that is the first I have heard of that welcome trend.

John Davies

Spokane WA

What's going on here? Why are they using Oliver inside photos? Lol 

• Like 1

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• Moderator+
3 hours ago, John E Davies said:

...And what happened to the second axle in that bottom pic? I thought all of these were tandems.

John Davies

Spokane WA

The early models of the Escape fifth wheels only had one axle. Apparently nobody was paying any attention to the models either. The single axle would be several, several years old.

• Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JWalmsley said:

Because those Oliver interiors look so great???

Somebody obviously pulled old file photos, and mixed them generously. 

Just like incorrectly modifying a cake recipe, it fell flat...

• Haha 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

5 hours ago, JWalmsley said:

Isn't that plagiarism? 😁

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

What it actually looks like inside, is just as you'd expect from the etchasketch exterior design. 

Its really light,for a fifth wheel. That's my best comment, and I'll shut up. Not for me. I think I'm allergic to all brown ....

Like I've said many times, everyone has to choose what's best, for them.

Screenshot_20210702-214355_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

When looking for RVs I quickly zeroed in on fiberglass trailers.  I looked at Casita as they are so close.   Interior was a no go. Just felt cheap and carpet a huge turn off.  Same for Scamp.   Escape seems like a step up from those two but still not the same and while 5th wheel interesting interior was a hard pass. No trailer is perfect but Oliver interior are like nothing else.  Now it isn’t for everyone but I smile every time I step inside my Ollie!

• Like 6

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

On 7/2/2021 at 6:47 PM, SeaDawg said:

I think I'm allergic to all brown

Yeah we're all different. I  like the feel of the  wood in the Escapes  and while  the wall  surface isn't my favorite neither  is the starkness of the all shiny white interior of the Oliver which looks like it was used as a set for the Michael/Janet Jackson  video Scream. But other factors tipped me to buying a TN based trailer rather than the one five hours from me just across the  border in  BC (most decisive was the  interior plumbing on  the Ollie versus the exterior on the  Escape  with the option to have foam sprayed over it and electric heat pads added under the tanks - the Oliver seems like a better four-ish  seasons design). The formica and flooring and upholstery on the Escape can  be customized with a very wide range of options available btw. There are other details on that list such as molded in versus screwed on cabinets etc. That said I toured the Escapes up in Chilliwack and liked them much more than other campers I'd seen up to  that point in terms of build and aesthetic. What really bums me out are the  RVs with dark stained wood cabinets and big baralounger type seating and such (the  seventies are calling to get their designs back!!).

I've done a few modifications to help soften the feel of the  interior - putting  some fabric on the  walls in the corners at the back and also on the ceiling above  the  beds (covers the a/c which  we'll at most rarely use - takes twenty seconds to remove via velcro attachment - and then replace - if we do want to use the  a/c) and putting photos on most of the surfaces where  they'll fit and  look good and not get kitchen mess on them. 

Scream-michael-jacksons-scream-16204840-668-500.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

I like wood accents, too, like the beautiful ones Foy creates. I love the clean (and cleanable) white walls of our Ollie. 

And, I  agree, everyone is different.  That's why there are so many choices out there. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

On 7/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, Jim_Oker said:

starkness of the all shiny white interior of the Oliver

Ours isn't stark at all ... 🤔

20210421_195436.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

1 hour ago, ShallowGal said:

Ours isn't stark at all ... 🤔

Yeah though a photo of the cabinets and ceiling is probably a bit different. Yeah we are no strangers to having our stuff filling our camper having used a class b van for two decades and in the Oliver it's similar if spread out just a bit more. But still we are liking having taken some steps to soften the Scream-like aspects of the interior. In ways that allow us to easily remove the decor for cleaning btw 🙂

• Like 1