Dealership Repair

I have read (not in this forum),  that some RV Dealerships, if you need appliance repairs or work done on your TT that they are not in a hurry to schedule you because you did not purchase the TT from them.  In other words, you will not be treated the same.  Has this been an issue with anyone?

Thanks for info!

Dwain

• Moderators

I have not seen any comments here on dealerships treating Oliver owners differently than those who purchased an RV at the dealership.  I haven’t seen that over on Fiberglass forum or AirForum either.  In fact, I see where some AS owners regularly go to a different dealer for service than where they purchased.  This is especially true for folks who go to Colonial Airstream in NJ from other areas of the nation.  We use an independent repair place just a few miles away and have had excellent service from them.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I just used a local family owned place here in DFW to get warranty work done.   Since they aren’t a dealership I was treated same as any customer.  I appreciated they don’t schedule you to bring RV in until they can work on it , that way it doesn’t sit there for weeks untouched.  They are not too far and I’d use they again without hesitation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

• Moderators

We've used independents, and camping world spots. Never have  felt like a stepchild.

With some appliance vendors, the dealerships have to wait for parts, and/or parts approval. It's ok. I get that.

We have had a bunch of people enthralled by our Oliver, at repair sites. They all find it hard to believe that it's a 2008. Takes a little time to give tours....

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Dwainkitchens said:

Ok, perhaps someone was trying to mislead from people getting an Oliver.

Blessings to everyone1

If you can establish a relationship with a reputable local independent you should get good service.  Our local repair shop has seen business increase significantly the past 12 months and he is always backlogged but seems to be able to get me scheduled in a timely manner.  He’s been doing maintenance on my Oliver for 5 years and on Bugeyedriver’s Oliver for probably 12 or 13 years.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

We've used independents, and camping world spots. Never have  felt like a stepchild.

With some appliance vendors, the dealerships have to wait for parts, and/or parts approval. It's ok. I get that.

We have had a bunch of people enthralled by our Oliver, at repair sites. They all find it hard to believe that it's a 2008. Takes a little time to give tours....

Our service center of choice, though a 2 1/2 hr drive away, has always served us well and promptly in our 7 months of Oliver ownership, even though they are also a dealer.  That being said, they have since been bought by Camping World, but we still receive the same respect.  They always comment on how great Oliver Trailers are.

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

20 hours ago, TexasGuy said:

I just used a local family owned place here in DFW to get warranty work done.   Since they aren’t a dealership I was treated same as any customer.  I appreciated they don’t schedule you to bring RV in until they can work on it , that way it doesn’t sit there for weeks untouched.  They are not too far and I’d use they again without hesitation. 

is this the one in Coburg/ Eugene

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

8 hours ago, 2008RN said:

is this the one in Coburg/ Eugene

No. I am in the Dallas area. Place I went to is in Carrollton which is north side of Dallas.  

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

3 hours ago, TexasGuy said:

No. I am in the Dallas area. Place I went to is in Carrollton which is north side of Dallas.  

Sorry Texasguy,  I meant to quote Ray and Susan Huff from Oregon.   That is what I get for using my phone at work.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

I had a dealership replace a circuit board, and they did a great job. Actually they did the job ahead of schedule. They called me and asked if I could come get it soon. It seems their customers were interested in buying it, and of course they don't sell Olivers. A great small dealership...

• Like 2

• Moderators

Years ago, Matt Duncan started this thread, asking members to recommend service centers across the country that had provided good service. 

Those of you who have had great experiences may want to add to this thread:

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2235-third-party-maintenance-facilities/

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 years later...

Here is my experience with this in 2023. Received a recall notice for our Suburban propane cooktop, contact any Suburban dealer for a replacement. Cooktop caused fires and needed to be replaced. After contacting many Suburban (RV) dealers near me, no one wanted to help because I did not buy RV through them. Contacted Escape (manufacture of RV) and explained my situation. They shipped a different brand (Dometic) to my house and I installed.

• Like 1

2024 E2 | Hull # 1527 |Truma | Lithionics (390Ah) |Compost |2007 Toyota Tundra (5.7L, V8) | Airstream | Casita | Escape

• Moderators

None of the Oliver trailers actually had the suburban cooktop that resulted in the recall. (To my knowledge)

Glad you got it fixed, with your Escape. I know it was a big deal with them and, sorry for the inconvenience  for you.

(Oliver posted a recall notice, just in case. It was a big deal.)

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4