Cortes Campers

Wolfepack

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Time will tell how these trailers work out, there is a lot of junk trailers on the road.

Folks had high hopes about Nest.  Especially since backed by Airstream.  What a disappointment. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 7/11/2021 at 7:01 PM, Mike and Carol said:

Folks had high hopes about Nest.  Especially since backed by Airstream.  What a disappointment. 

Very telling - actually. Seems AS was more interested in making $$ than building a competitive RV. Surely AS has the capital, manufacturing capability  and engineering support to build the unit - but not the intestinal fortitude to make it happen. 

• Like 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Thor owns and controls Airstream with several other RV companies.

One of the reasons we purchased Ollie, we were also considering AS and wrote their CEO a letter wanting to know if there were plans to replace wood floors with better materials in the future. No reply. We took the factory tour with Jason May 2016 when a used LE2 in MO happened to be available, too. Jason helped seal the deal for us buying an Ollie, but we could not pass on the used Ollie in MO!

https://www.thorindustries.com/thor-companies

Another lightweight fiberglass camper that is currently built in the UK and Nucamp has rights to build in the US is the Barefoot travel trailer. It's an interesting fiberglass egg that will have appeal to those wanting a smaller camper that can be towed by smaller tow vehicles.

https://www.go-barefoot.co.uk/

https://nucamprv.com/barefoot/

LE2

• Moderators

The Barefoot is a real cutie, and might be a contender, especially for a solo camper. It's even more compact than our small Elite, and requires setting up the bed from the bed daily, or eating outside,  but the back cushion "might be" big enough for a solo bunk. 

Very little storage, but a pretty little trailer, and the bath is decent sized for a marine bath in a tiny trailer.

Looking forward to seeing one in person. Maybe next year at the rv supershow in Tampa?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

9 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

The Barefoot is a real cutie, and might be a contender, especially for a solo camper. It's even more compact than our small Elite, and requires setting up the bed from the bed daily, or eating outside,  but the back cushion "might be" big enough for a solo bunk. 

Very little storage, but a pretty little trailer, and the bath is decent sized for a marine bath in a tiny trailer.

Looking forward to seeing one in person. Maybe next year at the rv supershow in Tampa?

Our cousin just purchased a 2008 Barefoot - the small model.  While it is a fiberglass hull, the interior has many wood components, including the floor.  The dealer they purchased theirs from had to replace the floor in the rear which had rotted as the result of water damage from a leaking rear window; owners apparently didn't maintain it well.  $8,000 repair.

Yes, the bathroom is a good size for such a small trailer, as is the large, two door fridge.  No AC (probably an option) but it has a skylight.  Windows are not dual pane (maybe another option?).  What disappointed me was the quality of the interior.  The drawers seem like they do no have slides; they just pull out of a hole.  Perhaps there has been some interior improvement in newer versions.  

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

That's unfortunate.  I didn't know barefoot was around in 2008. I thought the just started production in the UK less than ten years ago.

Is their door on the driver side, @Ray and Susan Huff

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, SeaDawg said:

That's unfortunate.  I didn't know barefoot was around in 2008. I thought the just started production in the UK less than ten years ago.

Is their door on the driver side, @Ray and Susan Huff

I just checked . . . .  I had the year wrong.  It is a 2005

I don't know about back in 2005, but now they are built in Canada.

https://mortonsonthemove.com/bigfoot-camper/

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Oh, I see, he bought a Bigfoot.

The Barefoot is a different little camper, built previously only in the uk. NuCamp will be producing it here in the US, and selling through a dealer network. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Oh, I see, he bought a Bigfoot.

The Barefoot is a different little camper, built previously only in the uk. NuCamp will be producing it here in the US, and selling through a dealer network. 

Talked to NuCamp and they said they were going to build three Barefoot protoypes before starting production of this camper in the US. They are also working on supply chain issues right now. There is only one prototype so far, but not available for interior inspection. My guess it's a hull prototype without finished interior.  

The dining area converts to a 6'X6' bed.  Overall exterior height of the UK model is about 7.7', but that's probably without AC.

• Like 2

LE2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 7/11/2021 at 6:52 PM, SeaDawg said:

Their original website was really awful. And, showed a lot of sketchy character, imo. in their videos and outrageous descriptions. 

I wasn't able to download a lot before it disappeared,  but I would never invest a nickel. Imo. 

I do think competition is good. Always look for advances.

And, now.

I hope no one here put any money down. Owner arrested for securities fraud.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/uslg/SecArticle?guid=15027333

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4