Convection Oven

Nicole

Hello everyone, I was wonder what the brand name is of the convection oven (microwave/oven combo) that Oliver put is their trailers? Also have any of you done any cooking in the oven (cooked turkey roast, baked potato, meatballs, meatloaf, etc)?

• Thanks 1

We have a Highpointe in our 2020 E2… We cook all the same stuff with it that we do at home without an issue.. .. chicken, pork tenderloin, eggplant parm, you name it.

Haven’t ever tried jamming a Turkey into it.. it would have to be a pretty small bird … 

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2021 at 4:55 AM, Mcb said:

We have a Highpointe in our 2020 E2… We cook all the same stuff with it that we do at home without an issue.. .. chicken, pork tenderloin, eggplant parm, you name it.

Haven’t ever tried jamming a Turkey into it.. it would have to be a pretty small bird … 

Mcb, what type and size of pan, bakeware are you using when using the convection oven?  We have 10 months before our pick-up date by a girl can never be too prepared.

For all kinds of Oliver sized cookware and other items Oliver Users have gathered...check out the 
Oliver Trailer Outfitters Guide on Amazon here:

https://amzn.to/2mAAgPO

The pans we use in the convection oven are on that list (about half way down the list)

The Nordic Wear line makes special sized pans for toaster oven's and compact convection ovens.

Here's one of the compact baking sheets we use.

Craig

572166099_ScreenShot2021-08-17at7_00_25AM.thumb.png.48e416be52d978b955288b845b82fcd1.png

• Thanks 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

On 8/16/2021 at 2:23 PM, Teri said:

Mcb, what type and size of pan, bakeware are you using when using the convection oven?  We have 10 months before our pick-up date by a girl can never be too prepared.

Teri, the inside dimensions of the oven are 12”x 12” I think. We have a glass square pan that fits in there and spins around with no problem…nothing fancy, just something  that doesn’t mind if the oven suddenly needs to  get used as a microwave.. 

21 hours ago, Mcb said:

Teri, the inside dimensions of the oven are 12”x 12” I think. We have a glass square pan that fits in there and spins around with no problem…nothing fancy, just something  that doesn’t mind if the oven suddenly needs to  get used as a microwave.. 

Thank you very much.

On 8/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, Stevon said:

A 10” round cake pan fits on the rack perfectly and sees the most use. I also use an 8” round cake pan occasionally. 

Thank you.  I've been practicing with an 8" round pan at home.  Turns out my home microwave has a convection oven option also.   It's just larger than the one in the Oliver.  Nice to be able to experiment while waiting for our pick up date.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 9:01 AM, Galway Girl said:

For all kinds of Oliver sized cookware and other items Oliver Users have gathered...check out the 

The pans we use in the convection oven are on that list (about half way down the list)

The Nordic Wear line makes special sized pans for toaster oven's and compact convection ovens.

Craig

572166099_ScreenShot2021-08-17at7_00_25AM.thumb.png.48e416be52d978b955288b845b82fcd1.png

Oh my gosh! I love it.  Definitely time to go shopping on Amazon.  Thank you very much.

We'll be collecting our LE2 on September 16th, and wanted specific dimensions of the interior of the HighPointe convection microwave so we can come prepared with appropriately sized cookware. I contacted Phil Andrews for the model number, which is ECO28KD7.

The interior dimensions are 13" W x 13" D x 9" H, and the turntable is 12.4" in diameter.

• Thanks 3

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Thanks, @Fargoman. That's really helpful for others, to have true dimensions. 

I don't have a microwave anymore. A few questions,  with the convection option:

You can use metal pans?

Can you cover with aluminum foil?

I have two airfryers, medium and xl, and love them, at home. In summer heat, they pretty much replace my oven, but I use them year round. I think they're pretty much a mini convection oven.

In the airfryers, I use a variety of small, mostly vintage, mostly heavy Danish or German stainless pans, from my mother in law, and thriftshops. I've found the 50 and 60 year old items are sturdy, and clean up easily with a dishcloth or mildest scotchbrite. Plus, they're pretty.

I also have one small flat round pan with a lip, from Aldi, kind of granite ware look. It gets a lot of use, too.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

6 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Thanks, @Fargoman. That's really helpful for others, to have true dimensions. 

I don't have a microwave anymore. A few questions,  with the convection option:

You can use metal pans?

Can you cover with aluminum foil?

I have two airfryers, medium and xl, and love them, at home. In summer heat, they pretty much replace my oven, but I use them year round. I think they're pretty much a mini convention oven.

In the airfryers, I use a variety of small, mostly vintage, mostly heavy Danish or German stainless pans, from my mother in law, and thriftshops. I've found the 50 and 60 year old items are sturdy, and clean up easily with a dishcloth or mildest scotchbrite. Plus, they're pretty.

I also have one small flat round pan with a lip, from Aldi, kind of granite ware look. It gets a lot of use, too.

We’ve used metal pans, and aluminum foil…never had an issue. 
One of our  favorite things to do with the convection oven is to cook things like chicken pot pies,  or lasagna, or other wonderful things like that from farmers markets or the like while on the road…. No prep work, not much clean up.. 
Sometimes the best cooking is someone else’s cooking…. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 8:01 AM, Galway Girl said:

Thanks for this.  What is still unclear to me from the manual is if you should always use the supplied rack (called a grill rack) when in convection mode, or is putting your pan/sheet directly on the turntable the correct mode?  Convection relies on air flow, and I would suspect that airflow under the pan would be important.  If you have to use the rack, though, then that would even more severely limit the size of your cookware. Maybe I'm overthinking this...

I fully intend to use convection feature -- I have a bunch of favorite "sheet pan" recipes from NYT Cooking that will be super easy to make on the road. We have the platinum package, so as long as the sun is shining I'm planning on putting the convection oven on regular rotation.  I prefer cooking outside most days, but it's nice to have options.

mb

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg