WeBoost Connect RV65 attachment

wolfdds

So I wanted to upgrade my cell booster to a https://www.weboost.com/products/connect-rv-65. But after I received it; I was surprised by how big the pole was and the connectors that came with it were really not designed for the side of an Ollie.

Here is the life hack I came up with...suction cup handles and zip ties. It worked perfectly.

ollie3.thumb.jpg.fab30db658bbfcf727a019d98dd6dd45.jpgollie1.thumb.jpg.1d817ed226f3820b5af79ecbdcbea929.jpgollie2.thumb.jpg.70a43578647316d451b1c22dc0936164.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2019 Elite II Hull 435, 2022 Toyota Tundra

• Moderators
4 hours ago, wolfdds said:

Sorry for the pictures showing up inside the text. Who knows how the heck that happens.

The picture will land wherever the cursor is at when you double click it to add it to the posting.

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

That is cool, I have been considering a pole and antenna. Please post some “performance” info after you have used it a while.

I have a word of caution on the zip ties. Use quality ones from a good source. I bought a bunch of Walmart ones in different sizes and they were all garbage, they were extremely brittle and would snap in two as you cinched them down with pliers. Even the 75 pound rated ones did that. Home Depot ones are fine, just beware of super low-end ones. The nylon does age harden, so date the bag(s) and use up the old ones first.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I do agree with the comments about color and quality of zip ties but this looks like a temporary deployment, so I think the installation is just fine.  

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• 4 weeks later...

We have noticed a difference with the signal but have not had it long enough to really get the system honed in. The one I  have is directional so it helps to use some resource to find the cell towers closest.  https://www.scadacore.com/tools/rf-path/cell-tower-map-united-states/

Also the internal signal does not reach very far..so it helps to use a hot spot that is right next to the internal antennae to create a Wi-Fi network.

2019 Elite II Hull 435, 2022 Toyota Tundra