Oliver window mods

Several of the members here have installed the Eze RV Rain Gutters and at least initially were very pleased with the results. My questions, are you satisfied with them and how much water do they actually keep from entering into the weep holes and sliding tracks? I can't imagine the gutters eliminating 100% of the water and contamination but hopefully the majority.

Considering an alternate approach has anyone here ever installed dedicated windows awnings? An internet search brought up 3 companies that manufacture them, although they all look nearly identical except for the fabrics. Lippert, Dometic and by far the one company that seems to gain the most use are the Carefree of Colorado, link below.

https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/simplyshade/

Their website leaves much to be desired and trying to contact them directly seems impossible. Phone lines don't seem to work and their email system is completely worthless. You actually have to have a serial # from one their products to complete their email form. General sales questions for newcomers do not allow one to complete the form. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Legacy Elite II #70

I installed the EZ gutters and we’re into our 3rd year now with our Oliver and so far so good.  They don’t keep the windows completely dry but they do drastically reduce the rain runoff from the roof going over the windows.   Some people do install the gutter spaced above/away from the window by a few inches to allow easier recaulking of the window frames when needed.   I installed mine right against the window frame.  I’ll figure out how to deal with the recaulking issue if there’s ever a leak problem.  I also ran the gutter all the way down each side to hold it more securely in place around the corners to prevent the gutter from lifting.  I had seen photos from some owners that had only run the gutter just a bit around the upper corners, and over time the gutter lifted away.    If you do decide to go with the gutter, unroll it and let it sit out in the sun on a good hot day for a few hours to let the material soften up and relax to make it easier to form around the windows  

1EFEFBD8-14E4-4D19-96CA-E77C6E03AD24.jpeg

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

My window gutters have been on for several years and are doing well.  My first installation attempt failed because the weather went from 80s to 30s before they had a chance to set and the cold weather reduced the gutter flexibility so they wanted to return to their curled up state.  The second installation is doing fine.  You can see the rain being diverted around the window.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I remember the Lukens had window awnings installed at Little House Customs. Not sure if LHC still does installation, but they sell Carefree awnings modified for the curves of fiberglass rvs.

Screenshot_20210712-083753_Chrome.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks for all of the comments. The simplicity of the gutters is appealing not to mention the price of admission difference compared to the window awnings. Additionally Carefree of CO recommends mounting them a minimum of 3 inches above the window frame which puts the awning literally right under the porch lights and even that does not provide a full 3 inches of clearance over the window frame. The full view fabric which Carefree now offers also has appeal. Might just go with the Eze RV gutters though. 

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Legacy Elite II #70